Lsac evaluation Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
appind

Gold

Lsac evaluation

Post by appind » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:14 pm

* please don't quote

International ug gpa vary greatly from school to school. Some international gpa may not be high on the numerical terms but are still evaluated as superior or above average by lsac.

if someone with an international GPA is evaluated as "superior" by LSAC even though the numerical GPA is low around 2.8/4.0, what number would adcomms assign to that gpa?

Is superior/3.7 clearly better than superior/2.7 or is it same because only lsac evaluation matters not numerical value?

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Re: Lsac evaluation

Post by pleasesendhelp » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:09 pm

The information on this forum says ff you get a Superior, it is treated as if you're at/above 7th percentile numbers.

Unless its a 2.8 out of a 3.0, I dont think anyone could get a superior though.

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:21 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:The information on this forum says ff you get a Superior, it is treated as if you're at/above 7th percentile numbers.

Unless its a 2.8 out of a 3.0, I dont think anyone could get a superior though.
is the bolded 7th or 75th? some countries have rigorous grading where a 2.9 out of 4.0 can be rated superior. would 2.9 in that case have no negative effect?

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Post by pleasesendhelp » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:43 pm

Sorry, meant 75th.

I mean, anything is possible, but I've never heard of anyone below a 3.5 get a Superior. Let me know if you do.

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Well this thread is a repeat that was asked earlier. Still, I highly doubt any 2.9 is going to get superior. If you have proof that yours did, then great. But I still don't believe a 2.9/4 will get a superior ever by the Lsac

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:09 pm

grades?? wrote:Well this thread is a repeat that was asked earlier. Still, I highly doubt any 2.9 is going to get superior. If you have proof that yours did, then great. But I still don't believe a 2.9/4 will get a superior ever by the Lsac
pleasesendhelp wrote:Sorry, meant 75th.

I mean, anything is possible, but I've never heard of anyone below a 3.5 get a Superior. Let me know if you do.
I know of a case where such gpa is lsac superior due to harsh grading.

pleasesendhelp

Bronze

Post by pleasesendhelp » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:40 pm

appind wrote:
grades?? wrote:Well this thread is a repeat that was asked earlier. Still, I highly doubt any 2.9 is going to get superior. If you have proof that yours did, then great. But I still don't believe a 2.9/4 will get a superior ever by the Lsac

Could you tell me which school?

appind

Gold

Post by appind » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:04 pm

pleasesendhelp wrote:
appind wrote:

Could you tell me which school?

will pm

grades??

Silver

Post by grades?? » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:08 pm

I am also still interested in what school. PM me

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”