Super Splitter, considering WE Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Hstrat

Bronze

Super Splitter, considering WE

Post by Hstrat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:46 am

I've got a 3.5 GPA and a 177 on the LSAT. I'm considering taking two years off to work in real estate sales. Considering I'm gunning for admission to the top half of the T14 and maybe, hopefully, money from some of the lower T14s (God willing)... is that WE going to make those goals attainable?

trmckenz

Bronze

Re: Super Splitter, considering WE

Post by trmckenz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Apply with what you've got bro - you are set with that 177. Work experience in general is helpful for maturing, and it may help distance yourself from your GPA (which is fine, btw), but work experience will not really help you in law school admissions.

ronanOgara

Gold

Post by ronanOgara » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:36 pm

"super splitter" lol. Get out of here.

I was expecting a 2.7/180 kind of thing. Then WE would be necessary.

Hstrat

Bronze

Post by Hstrat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:47 pm

trmckenz wrote:Apply with what you've got bro - you are set with that 177. Work experience in general is helpful for maturing, and it may help distance yourself from your GPA (which is fine, btw), but work experience will not really help you in law school admissions.
Thanks for responding! Glad to hear my GPA might not be as problematic as I've been telling myself. I hear that with HYS applications extra curriculars are sometimes relevant - I have very few to speak of unfortunately. Do you think WE is helpful there, admissions-wise, or no?

ml2srosie

New

Post by ml2srosie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:53 pm

Honestly, barring any crazy C&F issues or a dreadful PS, that 177 is going to take you far. I think you are over-thinking the application process. Schools care about numbers, point blank, period.

Do you mind sharing the type of college you attended and your major? Unless your major is an absolute joke or you switched majors 1000 times, I don't see this 3.5 holding you back significantly except at Y perhaps.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Post by A. Nony Mouse » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:08 pm

All the above said, taking time off to work is a really good idea for general life purposes, and having work experience can help you in getting a legal job.

Hstrat

Bronze

Post by Hstrat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:17 pm

ml2srosie wrote:Honestly, barring any crazy C&F issues or a dreadful PS, that 177 is going to take you far. I think you are over-thinking the application process. Schools care about numbers, point blank, period.

Do you mind sharing the type of college you attended and your major? Unless your major is an absolute joke or you switched majors 1000 times, I don't see this 3.5 holding you back significantly except at Y perhaps.
My alma mater flirts with the top 50 most years, and my major was political science. Not exactly chemical engineering, but hopefully not a joke either. Got any projected odds for me on YHS?

trmckenz

Bronze

Post by trmckenz » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:33 pm

I'm not the most informed on HYS admissions, but my guess is:

Harvard - In
Yale - WL/out
Stanford - WL/in

You have a good shot everywhere else.

ml2srosie

New

Post by ml2srosie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:25 pm

Best shot is Harvard, they are the most flexible with GPA.

Yale is out. Stanford is hard to say because they tend to put extra emphasis on softs, but it's hard to say which softs. They are pretty enigmatic.

I would definitely look into CCN if I was you. You have a really good shot and will likely get a nice chunk of money.

Hstrat

Bronze

Post by Hstrat » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Thanks a lot for your guys' help! This has been really informative and useful

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”