3.69 GPA / 170 LSAT -- thoughts, please? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
noonionsplz

New

3.69 GPA / 170 LSAT -- thoughts, please? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

Post by noonionsplz » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:06 am

3.69 GPA and 170

Nothing extraordinary for softs .... (honors society, literary magazine clubs, other various school organizations).

Really good recommendations from professors.

I am also a Korean American (if that matters)

thoughts please? I checked mylsn.info but wanted advice... for instance, is 50% at Berkeley a high enough chance for me to apply? how do T14 or T10 schools look for me? on average, how many schools do people apply to?

and lastly ... what makes or breaks an application ? on mylsn.info I see some cases where several people with the exact same GPA/lsat score have varying admissions results. I'm beginning to worry since my softs are really nothing impressive, and my scores are on the low end for T14 schools.

please share any thoughts you have!

gsy987

Bronze

Re: 3.69 GPA / 170 LSAT -- thoughts, please? I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS

Post by gsy987 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:20 am

We were all here once :D

Your best bet is to blanket the T14 (maybe don't bother with YHS) and see what happens. You'll get into at least one T14 if you do this, and I think you'll probably wind up w/ some decent scholarship $$ when it's all said and done.

In terms of the rest of your application, the first question you should ask yourself is why you want to attend law school and what type of job you hope to obtain. Once you answer those, your personal statement/essays/misc. stuff should be pretty easy.

mwells56

Silver

Post by mwells56 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:49 pm

More people please answer this person because this is hopefully around where I'll be when I'm applying :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pittsburghpirates

Silver

Post by pittsburghpirates » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:11 pm

mwells56 wrote:More people please answer this person because this is hopefully around where I'll be when I'm applying :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Apply to all of the T14 and any strong regionals in the areas you might want to practice. Don't ED anywhere and negotiate like crazy once you get some offers in.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”