ED Northwestern? 3.6/174 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ThinkThatImKobe

New

ED Northwestern? 3.6/174

Post by ThinkThatImKobe » Sun May 29, 2016 5:37 am

3.6 Finance major (top 10 or 15 public), philosophy minor. Have essentially no softs, spent all my time in college playing poker and tutoring SATs. Basically just looking for the highest speed lowest drag (debt) route to biglaw. I'm not particularly enamored by NY and the high expenses/lack of driving rubs me the wrong way, but I could be convinced. My parents are willing to kick in COL (I paid my way through UG) and I have a state-based college savings account I can tap for about 25k. I'd consider working for a year or so but I don't know if I can even get a job that isn't totally sh!t-tier (much less one with a better hourly than what I do now) and I don't want to spend any more time running in place. I might retake LSAT because I missed a couple due to simple mistakes, but I'm not sure how much extra good a 176+ would do me.

Is there much downside for me EDing NU? People around my numbers seem to do well with it. Realistically, I don't see myself getting anything better that's particularly compelling besides maybe $$$ at Duke (which is my preferred school) or sneaking into Harvard, but I'm not sure how worth it that would be anyways. Anyways, chance me for Columbia-Texas in light of my bad intangibles (not that I'm not an awesome dude, there's just no evidence I exist outside of transcripts).

Mikey

Platinum

Re: ED Northwestern? 3.6/174

Post by Mikey » Sun May 29, 2016 8:13 pm

I feel like you can get some decent money from NU as a regular applicant. Check LSN for money other applicants have gotten. If Duke is a school that you're really interested in, then don't ED anywhere because you may get a good offer from Duke or another T14.

somethingElse

Gold

Post by somethingElse » Sun May 29, 2016 9:04 pm

I had similar stats to you, PM if you want for my cycle.

acz26

Bronze

Post by acz26 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:03 am

I think that, with respect to your interests, it would really make sense to apply everywhere without signing an Early Decision contract in the coming cycle. That way you can see how well you'll fare with scholarship offers (and how much you'll be able to leverage if you play your cards correctly). If you're not satisfied with your results, working for a year will especially bolster an ED app to Northwestern, making you more qualified and financially inclined than where you are right now. It seems like a win-win as long as you're not entirely keen on starting law school in the coming year.

TFALAWL

Bronze

Post by TFALAWL » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:02 am

That would be so 160 ... I would apply to full T-14, you'll get a full ride somewhere (possibly more than one) so no need to limit yourself.

Clemenceau

Silver

Post by Clemenceau » Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:05 am

TFALAWL wrote:That would be so 160 ... I would apply to full T-14, you'll get a full ride somewhere (possibly more than one) so no need to limit yourself.
Highly doubt they are getting t14 full rides, let alone multiple

-3.6/175 here

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”