Super Splitter, T-20 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
thecharlotteb

New

Super Splitter, T-20

Post by thecharlotteb » Sun May 08, 2016 7:23 pm

3.0/175, graduating this Spring.

I am applying this Fall (so, one year of work experience prior to matriculation). What are my best chances with the T-20, and T-14? Also, what are my best chances in terms of money?

* Also, what I can do at this point to make my application strong? I know that some schools (like Northwestern) have an interview process. I also had some mental health issues that definitely contributed to my lower GPA, and I'm deciding whether I should include that or not. Anything else I can do to make my application stronger?

Nachoo2019

Silver

Re: Super Splitter, T-20

Post by Nachoo2019 » Sun May 08, 2016 7:39 pm

You would probably be able to get Accepted ED to Northwestern with those stats and that comes with 150k scholarship too!

Mikey

Platinum

Post by Mikey » Sun May 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Very nice LSAT score! Blanket the T14, your cycle will kind of be unpredictable but I think you have a chance at a few T14's. Like Nachoo said, you have a good chance at getting Northwestern ED, but you have to be comfortable with going there if accepted obviously.

In terms of strengthening your application, how are your softs? Also, will you be working throughout the summer?

thecharlotteb

New

Post by thecharlotteb » Sun May 08, 2016 8:05 pm

TheMikey wrote:Very nice LSAT score! Blanket the T14, your cycle will kind of be unpredictable but I think you have a chance at a few T14's. Like Nachoo said, you have a good chance at getting Northwestern ED, but you have to be comfortable with going there if accepted obviously.

In terms of strengthening your application, how are your softs? Also, will you be working throughout the summer?
Thank you! I studied really hard for it because I knew that it was my only chance at the T-14 due to my sub-par GPA. My softs are decent, nothing extraordinary, but I'm well-rounded in terms of softs, I believe. And yes, I'll be working throughout the summer!

Northwestern is one of the schools that I am definitely going to apply to since it's very splitter friendly. I am nervous, however, because those accepted at NU usually have at least two years of WE, while I only have one.

Lexaholik

Bronze

Post by Lexaholik » Mon May 09, 2016 11:39 am

thecharlotteb wrote:
TheMikey wrote:Very nice LSAT score! Blanket the T14, your cycle will kind of be unpredictable but I think you have a chance at a few T14's. Like Nachoo said, you have a good chance at getting Northwestern ED, but you have to be comfortable with going there if accepted obviously.

Thank you! I studied really hard for it because I knew that it was my only chance at the T-14 due to my sub-par GPA. My softs are decent, nothing extraordinary, but I'm well-rounded in terms of softs, I believe. And yes, I'll be working throughout the summer!

Northwestern is one of the schools that I am definitely going to apply to since it's very splitter friendly. I am nervous, however, because those accepted at NU usually have at least two years of WE, while I only have one.
If you have one right now, by the time you enter (2017) you'll have two.

If you mean you'll have just one year of work experience by the time school starts, don't worry. Lots of people get into NU with just one year.

General advice from a former splitter: Apply broadly, even to schools you think you've got no shot at. There's a lot of luck involved here. You'll probably get into some good schools (including NU) but may have to wait a long time on the waitlist before they let you in.

thecharlotteb

New

Post by thecharlotteb » Mon May 09, 2016 1:28 pm

Lexaholik wrote:
thecharlotteb wrote:

If you have one right now, by the time you enter (2017) you'll have two.

If you mean you'll have just one year of work experience by the time school starts, don't worry. Lots of people get into NU with just one year.

General advice from a former splitter: Apply broadly, even to schools you think you've got no shot at. There's a lot of luck involved here. You'll probably get into some good schools (including NU) but may have to wait a long time on the waitlist before they let you in.
I'm graduating this month, so I'll only have one. I think that's my plan, to blanket the entire T-20 + some regional schools that I would be interested in attending. I am learning towards applying NU ED.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”