3.6, 158, TFA, URM (AA/Hispanic Female) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Bstn32

New

3.6, 158, TFA, URM (AA/Hispanic Female)

Post by Bstn32 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:14 am

3.6 from BU (Poli Sci, History minor)
158 LSAT
Black/Hispanic
Bilingual, first in family to go to college, Experience working abroad, strong undergrad leadership experience, TFA followed by current nonprofit work-- recently promoted.

I was PTing in the 161 range and I was hoping my score (released today) wouldn't be this big of a disappointment. I got a bunch of waivers and my application strategy was to hit the entire T25 and select 26-50 schools with the intention of going to the school that offered the most $$$. With the results out today, however, I cannot decide if it's worth applying or taking my 3rd and last attempt at the lsat in June to apply early next cycle. I feel like ive been studying for this test forever and I actually doubt my ability to get above a 163. Is an lsat addendum ever successful for the top 20? Is there any chance I'll get money? All candid insights appreciated!

Jrr13

New

Re: 3.6, 158, TFA, URM (AA/Hispanic Female)

Post by Jrr13 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:42 am

Bstn32 wrote:3.6 from BU (Poli Sci, History minor)
158 LSAT
Black/Hispanic
Bilingual, first in family to go to college, Experience working abroad, strong undergrad leadership experience, TFA followed by current nonprofit work-- recently promoted.

I was PTing in the 161 range and I was hoping my score (released today) wouldn't be this big of a disappointment. I got a bunch of waivers and my application strategy was to hit the entire T25 and select 26-50 schools with the intention of going to the school that offered the most $$$. With the results out today, however, I cannot decide if it's worth applying or taking my 3rd and last attempt at the lsat in June to apply early next cycle. I feel like ive been studying for this test forever and I actually doubt my ability to get above a 163. Is an lsat addendum ever successful for the top 20? Is there any chance I'll get money? All candid insights appreciated!
If you look at LSN applicants with a similar score and GPA, Vanderbilt, Cornell, WUSTL, and Georgetown seem to come to mind that accept a lot of URM (especially African American and mixed) with money. You should apply to schools with a great application. WHY X for each school, diversity statement for each school, and have at least two rec letters (from people CLOSE to you who know you well!). Do the optional questions and narratives. When something is "optional" and you are a borderline candidate, it is basically necessary in order for you to stand out.

If you are unhappy with the result of your cycle, then you can always try again next year

Return to “What are my chances?”