-- Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Borderlander

New

--

Post by Borderlander » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:48 pm

--
Last edited by Borderlander on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jrr13

New

Re: 165/3.74/Male URM (MA)

Post by Jrr13 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:00 pm

Borderlander wrote:What are my chances at T14 and UT-Austin this cycle?

Also:
I'm a teacher (TFA '13). Giving my all at work and trying to give my all at studying at the end of the day evidently did not work out (was aiming for a 173, but was only averaging a 168 in the weeks leading up to the test). I've considered quitting for a less demanding job to focus more on studying for a June retake and applying early next year since I'm not sure I want to go to law school at all if it's not a good one. Would this (quitting my teaching job) hurt my chances at admission?

Supremely thankful for any advice!

I don't think it would hurt your chances. Schools don't know why you left. If you want, you can add an addendum explaining why you felt the need to leave your current job and into a new one (so long as it's not a bad reason). No one will assume you left for a bad reason. If you explain that you needed a less demanding job because you wanted to focus on applications and LSAT that's fine.

Also, did you already get a 165 or is that what your practice runs are at? If you have a 165 and a 3.74 you have a good shot at most, if not all, of the T14 schools.

Return to “What are my chances?”