Scholly Chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Broncos15

Bronze

Scholly Chances

Post by Broncos15 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Hello,

What type of scholly chances could I be looking at with a retake on the LSAT at a school's 75%?

The reason I am asking is because on many LSN profiles, the applicants just list their stats, accept, or deny, but no scholly.

My uGPA could be significantly higher if I decide to take advantage of my school's retake policy ( I can retake any course and only the highest grade would be recorded, more importantly for LSAC purposes, the lower grade would not appear at all on my transcript, I called in the school to ask)..... I may take advantage of this especially since it was done at a community college so each course is only worth $400 instead of the high UG costs.

If I did go that route, A's would be feasible since I have had a 4.0 my last year and a half at my UG and if I can't get A's at a CC then there are larger problems.

Current GPA Upper 3.6X -----> A mid to high 3.7X if I retook the classes and got A's ( parents would pay for the classes and LS). It would just be two classes that C's lowered my GPA

Should I be shooting for median GPA/75% LSAT in order to get money? I would probably be near many medians outside of HYSC if I retook those classes and did well.

I'm not really sure what the GPA/LSAT combo is needed since as an example, I have heard a 3.5X getting a Hamilton at CLS despite the lower GPA( even though this likely could be more of an exception than the norm)

fredfred

Bronze

Re: Scholly Chances

Post by fredfred » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:20 pm

None of this matters till you have a gpa and a lsat score.

Return to “What are my chances?”