3.84 / 174 STEM c & f Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Grounded132

New

3.84 / 174 STEM c & f

Post by Grounded132 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:56 pm

Double STEM major from upper Ivy
3.84 LDAS GPA
Retake LSAT: 174
Good softs: variety of WE and community service
Not URM but some adverse personal background
c&f issue: Within the last year, long story short I asked a friend to turn in my hw for me and he copies off of it before turning it in. Gets caught, admits what he did to prof and dean who are very understanding towards me and make a mark only on internal disciplinary record. Nothing on transcript. Will disclose this, applying K-JD.

Shooting for HLS, chances?

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Re: 3.84 / 174 STEM c & f

Post by gnomgnomuch » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:01 pm

Grounded132 wrote:Double STEM major from upper Ivy
3.84 LDAS GPA
Retake LSAT: 174
Good softs: variety of WE and community service
Not URM but some adverse personal background
c&f issue: Within the last year, long story short I asked a friend to turn in my hw for me and he copies off of it before turning it in. Gets caught, admits what he did to prof and dean who are very understanding towards me and make a mark only on internal disciplinary record. Nothing on transcript. Will disclose this, applying K-JD.

Shooting for HLS, chances?
Can't see how this would hurt you in the slightest (not a lawyer or a law student so take my advice with a grain of largeeee salt).

Your numbers give you a strong shot at H. More to the point though, why in the world did you do a double STEM major at an ivy, and then decide on law school o_0?

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:02 pm

I'm not sure how your C&F would affect this, however:

Blanket the t14, I'd imagine you'll get some great offers even if one is not HLS.

Well Hung Jury

Gold

Post by Well Hung Jury » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:13 pm

KMart wrote: Blanket the t14, I'd imagine you'll get some great offers even if one is not HLS.

Grounded132

New

Post by Grounded132 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:35 pm

gnomgnomuch wrote: Your numbers give you a strong shot at H. More to the point though, why in the world did you do a double STEM major at an ivy, and then decide on law school o_0?
You'd have to read my diversity statement to find out ;)
KMart wrote: Blanket the t14, I'd imagine you'll get some great offers even if one is not HLS.
Yea, I'm applying to quite a few, but going to school in Boston would be a substantial financial relief for me (rent and living expenses taken care of) and there are a few other academic departments in the University I would like to take advantage of. Thanks for the help, I'm just worried about an auto-ding for the c&f.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

KMart

Gold

Post by KMart » Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:45 pm

Grounded132 wrote:Yea, I'm applying to quite a few, but going to school in Boston would be a substantial financial relief for me (rent and living expenses taken care of) and there are a few other academic departments in the University I would like to take advantage of. Thanks for the help, I'm just worried about an auto-ding for the c&f.
Oh don't get me wrong I hope you get into H. Would you take something like BU over any of the t14?

I can't answer too much relative to the C&F. Without it, you're in good shape. I had a C&F issue (nothing major) and I got to go where I wanted. I've also read a surprising number of applicants have minor C&F issues. So my gut feeling is it won't give you an auto ding, but please take that with a heavy grain of salt.

Grounded132

New

Post by Grounded132 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:20 pm

KMart wrote: Oh don't get me wrong I hope you get into H. Would you take something like BU over any of the t14?

I can't answer too much relative to the C&F. Without it, you're in good shape. I had a C&F issue (nothing major) and I got to go where I wanted. I've also read a surprising number of applicants have minor C&F issues. So my gut feeling is it won't give you an auto ding, but please take that with a heavy grain of salt.
Hmm I probably wouldn't be able to justify going to BU over a T14 that was giving me $$. Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how unique the position I find myself in is although I would imagine that this happens from time to time. I just don't know how this incident reflects on me per se other than I'm perhaps too trusting. Ofc, I'll take responsibility and protect my work more in the future but I'm not sure there's any greater lesson in this...

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Post by gnomgnomuch » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:46 am

Grounded132 wrote:
KMart wrote: Oh don't get me wrong I hope you get into H. Would you take something like BU over any of the t14?

Hmm I probably wouldn't be able to justify going to BU over a T14 that was giving me $$. Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how unique the position I find myself in is although I would imagine that this happens from time to time. I just don't know how this incident reflects on me per se other than I'm perhaps too trusting. Ofc, I'll take responsibility and protect my work more in the future but I'm not sure there's any greater lesson in this...
I mean in your situation, you'll have full rides from t-14's most likely. BU would give you the full ride, but why would you choose BU full ride, over Duke full ride?

Grounded132

New

Post by Grounded132 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:10 am

gnomgnomuch wrote:
I mean in your situation, you'll have full rides from t-14's most likely. BU would give you the full ride, but why would you choose BU full ride, over Duke full ride?
True, at that point I'd probably have to give up geography for ranking

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”