175/international Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
letitflow1414

New

175/international

Post by letitflow1414 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:56 pm

175( but am still thinking of retaking the test considering short preparation time) / Superior LSAC Gpa in well regarded asian UG/ US citizenship / poor softs

what chances would I have for T6(especially Hand YS chi? Also I see that soft factors do matter and my softs are actually very poor. (long term volunteer work for teaching north korean defectors and fluency in chinese maybe) In order to compensate for that should I retake the test for a higher grade?
Last edited by letitflow1414 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Gold

Re: 175/international

Post by Hand » Thu Jul 30, 2015 3:58 pm

letitflow1414 wrote:175( but am still thinking of retaking the test considering short preparation time) / Superior LSAC Gpa in well regarded asian UG/ US citizenship / poor softs

what chances would I have for T6(especially Hand YS chi? Also I see that soft factors do matter and my softs are actually very poor. in order to compensate for that should I retake the test for a higher grade?
I'll PM you

shump92

Bronze

Post by shump92 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Don't retake. Your numbers are really strong. And even though I think softs are often discounted a bit too often on TLS, numbers alone definitely can carry you.

I would say that softs matter more in the context of offsetting one or two lower numbers. Your poor softs may put you out at YS, but if that is the case even a 180 would put you out there. You should definitely get at least one T6 and could get any of them. I don't want to speculate too much because there are often many strong asian applicants though citizenship should help in admissions. I think you are good overall. Just be sure to put a lot of time into your essays and choose your recommenders well.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:06 pm

shump92 wrote:Don't retake. Your numbers are really strong. And even though I think softs are often discounted a bit too often on TLS, numbers alone definitely can carry you.

I would say that softs matter more in the context of offsetting one or two lower numbers. Your poor softs may put you out at YS, but if that is the case even a 180 would put you out there. You should definitely get at least one T6 and could get any of them. I don't want to speculate too much because there are often many strong asian applicants though citizenship should help in admissions. I think you are good overall. Just be sure to put a lot of time into your essays and choose your recommenders well.
^ +1 to all of this

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”