2.65 / 161 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
benwyatt

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by benwyatt » Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:21 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by benwyatt on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawbreakr

New

Re: 2.65 / 161

Post by lawbreakr » Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:27 pm

AfroJordan23 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
AfroJordan23 wrote:
I don't have money for a private tutor and even if I did fuck that noise. I was PTing around 170ish for a solid two months prior, I don't think there is any magic formula some douchebag getting paid 50$ an hour will be able to give me that will make much difference. I uncharaceristically went -4 and -4 on each LR and also did awful on RC -7. I think my main issue was a mix of nerves and making stupid careless mistakes which I don't intend on doing again. My plan over the next 3 months is to spend one month drilling heavily and the next 2 doing the 20 PTs I left untouched incase I needed a re-take

As a "douchebag getting paid 50$ [sic] an hour" I can tell you that we make that money because the things we can teach you actually work.

As for the second bolded statement, did you plan to make stupid, careless mistakes the first time?
Wouldn't you admit though that private tutors are more so for people who struggle with key concepts that they need to get into the high 150s/mid 160s? I'm not gonna make excuses but I seriously underperformed on testday in comparison to timed PTs I previously did, hence I don't see the value in hiring a private tutor especially when I don't have the funds. I apologize for generalizing though I'm sure that some instances a private tutor is well worth the money, I just don't think I'm one of those cases.
When someone weighing 300 lbs loses more weight than someone weighing 200 lbs, it doesn't mean the heavier person's weight loss was more impressive. You have to keep things in perspective.

AfroJordan23

New

Post by AfroJordan23 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:49 am

lawbreakr wrote:
AfroJordan23 wrote:
benwyatt wrote:
AfroJordan23 wrote:
I don't have money for a private tutor and even if I did fuck that noise. I was PTing around 170ish for a solid two months prior, I don't think there is any magic formula some douchebag getting paid 50$ an hour will be able to give me that will make much difference. I uncharaceristically went -4 and -4 on each LR and also did awful on RC -7. I think my main issue was a mix of nerves and making stupid careless mistakes which I don't intend on doing again. My plan over the next 3 months is to spend one month drilling heavily and the next 2 doing the 20 PTs I left untouched incase I needed a re-take

As a "douchebag getting paid 50$ [sic] an hour" I can tell you that we make that money because the things we can teach you actually work.

As for the second bolded statement, did you plan to make stupid, careless mistakes the first time?
Wouldn't you admit though that private tutors are more so for people who struggle with key concepts that they need to get into the high 150s/mid 160s? I'm not gonna make excuses but I seriously underperformed on testday in comparison to timed PTs I previously did, hence I don't see the value in hiring a private tutor especially when I don't have the funds. I apologize for generalizing though I'm sure that some instances a private tutor is well worth the money, I just don't think I'm one of those cases.
When someone weighing 300 lbs loses more weight than someone weighing 200 lbs, it doesn't mean the heavier person's weight loss was more impressive. You have to keep things in perspective.
So in this case, am I the person weighing 300 or the person weighing 200? I don't follow. I'm already PTing at a high level 168-172 range so I don't see what a private course/tutor can do much for me at this point from a cost vs. reward analysis. The only section I have any real variation on is RC too

stego

Platinum

Post by stego » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:53 am

AfroJordan23 wrote:So in this case, am I the person weighing 300 or the person weighing 200? I don't follow. I'm already PTing at a high level 168-172 range so I don't see what a private course/tutor can do much for me at this point from a cost vs. reward analysis. The only section I have any real variation on is RC too
You're the person weighing 200 lbs in this analogy, you aren't dropping as many points on your PTs so you have less ground to gain, just as the 200-lb person has less weight to lose. Whether a tutor or course would be any benefit to you I'm not sure.

AfroJordan23

New

Post by AfroJordan23 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:51 am

stasg wrote:
AfroJordan23 wrote:So in this case, am I the person weighing 300 or the person weighing 200? I don't follow. I'm already PTing at a high level 168-172 range so I don't see what a private course/tutor can do much for me at this point from a cost vs. reward analysis. The only section I have any real variation on is RC too
You're the person weighing 200 lbs in this analogy, you aren't dropping as many points on your PTs so you have less ground to gain, just as the 200-lb person has less weight to lose. Whether a tutor or course would be any benefit to you I'm not sure.
Okay I see what you mean. If I don't improve enough in Oct. then I'll consider all options re: getting my score up

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

DaHead2Head514

New

Post by DaHead2Head514 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:25 pm

-

sjp200

Bronze

Post by sjp200 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:46 am

pancakes3 wrote:This is an underrated thread.
+180

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”