Next Move Under Weird Circumstances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jj2hawks

New

Next Move Under Weird Circumstances

Post by jj2hawks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:47 am

Stats: 3.75, 158 (see below), strong softs, AA URM
Ok so I just received my June score and it was well below the 165 ish range I was shooting for. About a month and a half before the test I was hospitalized for over a day with my fourth concussion in 3 years. For a few hours I was nearly unresponsive and unable to answer the simplest of personal questions. With that being said, I was not in perfect mental condition to be taking the LSAT, but as a D1 athlete I knew I would not be able to take the test again until December.
Now, does it make sense to put in applications early with a well written addendum explaining my situation with my intent to still retake in December being well stated? Or just totally wait it out and not put in any applications until January ?

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Re: Next Move Under Weird Circumstances

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:51 am

Isn't there a sept/oct LSAT?

Also wtf four concussions. I hope you're graduating soon/sidelined for your last year so you don't fuck your brain up any more

jj2hawks

New

Post by jj2hawks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:53 am

I have a game the date of the October test and have already been denied using that as a reason to take the alternate test date.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:56 am

Its better to take time off after school anyway so why don't you just job hunt and study for a retake next year.

jj2hawks

New

Post by jj2hawks » Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:10 am

would really much rather not take a year off, despite understanding the popular sentiment that it is helpful

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:41 pm

jj2hawks wrote:I have a game the date of the October test and have already been denied using that as a reason to take the alternate test date.
Not to sound insensitive, but why are they letting you play after that many concussions in such a short span of time?

hillz

Silver

Post by hillz » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:47 pm

I think taking a year off is often the best choice, but if you really feel you cannot, I would wait and take the LSAT in December. You may be at a slight disadvantage because of the timing but you will (hopefully) be submitting with a higher score. Work on your PS and rec letters before you get your test score back do that you can hit submit as soon as possible after getting your score report.

jj2hawks

New

Post by jj2hawks » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:59 pm

thank you Hillz. appreciate the input

legit

Bronze

Post by legit » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:38 pm

Do you have a chance at going pro? If you really want to become a lawyer, I would strongly consider looking up the health consequences of multiple concussions. Prioritizing the LSAT could potentially earn you better merit aid/law school degree/future income than the athletic scholarship you have now.

jj2hawks

New

Post by jj2hawks » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:56 pm

I don't think law school would be for me if I had dealt with four concussions and still didn't properly understand the consequences moving forward. but I appreciate the concern on that front.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”