Whine/Rant/Complaint etc. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Big Dog

Silver

Re: Whine/Rant/Complaint etc.

Post by Big Dog » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:53 pm

"The original grade for a repeated course when the transcript does not show both the grade and the units for the original attempt. The total number of credits assigned to these grades will appear on the applicant's academic summary, but will not be included in the GPA calculation."

So if your college only counts the second attempt, lsac will only count the second attempt.
Be careful with your interpretation....LSAC only ignored the first grade if the college "hides" it, i.e., does not show it on the transcript. [Note the bolded.]

Some colleges will allow for GPA replacement when repeating a course, but still show the original course on the transcript. (They just no longer use if for the college's GPA calc.) But LSAC will still use it.

Other colleges allow for total replacement; in other words, they remove the first grade and course from the transcript entirely. In such case, LSAC doesn't seen anything....

stego

Platinum

Re: Whine/Rant/Complaint etc.

Post by stego » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:17 pm

artistar wrote:I solidly pt at 170. Can't seem to break higher. That is part of the reason I am so upset: that GPA was a shoe-in at HYS! And all I had to do was work on the LSAT score by a few points. Now? Who knows...

Thanks again, all.
There is no such thing as a shoe-in at Yale, unless you're a Rhodes scholar or Olympic medalist or something. A 4.0/180 does not guarantee admission at Yale. A 3.9/170 does not guarantee admission at Harvard or Stanford.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”