Law school Application Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
stressed

New

Law school Application

Post by stressed » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:37 pm

How do you answer if a law school asks you to list all the other law schools you are also applying to?

The school asked the question is my back up school and the one I want to go to is a much higher rank. Will listing the names of other schools affect my chances of admission here?

thatsnotmyname

Bronze

Re: Law school Application

Post by thatsnotmyname » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:46 pm

stressed wrote:How do you answer if a law school asks you to list all the other law schools you are also applying to?

The school asked the question is my back up school and the one I want to go to is a much higher rank. Will listing the names of other schools affect my chances of admission here?
No, probably not. I had a few applications like this and I just listed out everywhere that I was applying to. I don't think it made a difference as far as I can tell on the results of my cycle. No one ever mentioned it to me or anything during any of my interviews either. So, just list the schools that you're applying to and it will likely have very, very little impact on the decision that you receive.

UOI4430

Bronze

Post by UOI4430 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:52 pm

I didn't list any other schools when I was applying. The question was optional so I chose not to answer. I doubt it will affect you either way.

moralsentiments

Bronze

Post by moralsentiments » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Don't answer the question. It's not required.
Last edited by moralsentiments on Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

thatsnotmyname

Bronze

Post by thatsnotmyname » Sat Mar 07, 2015 4:56 pm

moralsentiments wrote:Don't answer the question. It's not required.
Actually, if it's not required don't answer it. For some reason when I was filling out some of my apps, I thought that it was required. Regardless, I answered it for all of the schools that asked it that I applied to and there were no surprises during my cycle in terms of admissions. I was admitted to the schools you would've predicted based on my numbers.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RareExports

Silver

Post by RareExports » Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:11 pm

It's just for the school's database. Don't submit it--it will probably not hurt you, but can't help you.

stressed

New

Post by stressed » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:10 pm

Thank you all :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”