Chances with 3.4 and 167 GPA Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
adil91

Silver

Chances with 3.4 and 167 GPA

Post by adil91 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:32 am

Yes I'm applying to these schools this late, because I increased my score by +8 from Dec to Feb, and no I will not retake. I understand the impulse to tell people to retake. Some of you probably shout "Retake" in your fever induced 1L day dreams. I'd probably tell myself to retake if I were in your shoes. But I'm applying and going to law school this cycle no matter what so.. just help me out with my odds please. I've already checked Lawschoolnumbers.com. I also know I probably won't be getting much money any of these even if I get in, I have other options just help me out with these.

(This is not an exhaustive list of schools I've applied to)
Stats:
3.42 GPA
167 LSAT
Mediocre softs
What are my odds for getting into these schools

Vanderbilt
UVA
Georgetown
Cornell

Thank you, your help is much appreciated.

mvp99

Silver

Re: Chances with 3.4 and 167 GPA

Post by mvp99 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:54 am

i dont think tlsers can add anything to lsn.
adil91 wrote:Yes I'm applying to these schools this late, because I increased my score by +8 from Dec to Feb, and no I will not retake. I understand the impulse to tell people to retake. Some of you probably shout "Retake" in your fever induced 1L day dreams. I'd probably tell myself to retake if I were in your shoes. But I'm applying and going to law school this cycle no matter what so.. just help me out with my odds please. I've already checked Lawschoolnumbers.com. I also know I probably won't be getting much money any of these even if I get in, I have other options just help me out with these.

(This is not an exhaustive list of schools I've applied to)
Stats:
3.42 GPA
167 LSAT
Mediocre softs
What are my odds for getting into these schools

Vanderbilt
UVA
Georgetown
Cornell

Thank you, your help is much appreciated.
why the need to go to LS now? IMO with such a big jump u have effectively taken the LSAT once and need a retake to make sure u have maxed out your potential. ull get zero money from these schools.

RareExports

Silver

Post by RareExports » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:09 pm

With an app this late? I would say 0 chance at any of those schools. Even if you didn't retake, sitting out until next cycle would improve your odds. You may hit a T20 or two this cycle, but don't expect much as it is really late.

InTheHouse

Bronze

Post by InTheHouse » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:22 pm

adil91 wrote:Yes I'm applying to these schools this late, because I increased my score by +8 from Dec to Feb, and no I will not retake. I understand the impulse to tell people to retake. Some of you probably shout "Retake" in your fever induced 1L day dreams. I'd probably tell myself to retake if I were in your shoes. But I'm applying and going to law school this cycle no matter what so.
And what is the point of advising you on your odds? You have stated that (a) you are not retaking and (b) not going to delay going to LS. The die has been cast. Just wait for whatever self-limited options present themselves.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:24 pm

Check out http://www.mylsn.info for chances

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”