168/3.87 TFA...help with old LSAT score Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tfarunner

New

168/3.87 TFA...help with old LSAT score

Post by tfarunner » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:30 pm

So rundown is 168 and 3.87 double major from a big state university. Decent softs- TFA and a varsity sport at a D1 school.

The issue I am running into is my previous LSAT score was a 158 from Sept. Should I try and add an addenda for the schools I haven't submitted, or is it pretty pointless? Just curious what TLS conventional wisdom is on this...

Also, at this point, I have submitted all T-14 apps and curious as to how much the old score might hurt my apps.

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: 168/3.87 TFA...help with old LSAT score

Post by BigZuck » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:58 pm

Don't bother with an addendum. You did better, they get it.

Any school that will accept a 168/3.87 won't care that you have a lower score on file.

You're at a point where every point matters, definitely retake June and try to bink a 169+

Indifference

Silver

Post by Indifference » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:30 pm

tfarunner wrote:So rundown is 168 and 3.87 double major from a big state university. Decent softs- TFA and a varsity sport at a D1 school.

The issue I am running into is my previous LSAT score was a 158 from Sept. Should I try and add an addenda for the schools I haven't submitted, or is it pretty pointless? Just curious what TLS conventional wisdom is on this...

Also, at this point, I have submitted all T-14 apps and curious as to how much the old score might hurt my apps.
Unless you have a real reason (medical emergency during previous test, death in the family, diagnosed depression etc.) there is no reason to write anything. I went 163, 164, 177 on three takes and didn't write addenda for anything except Chicago and Yale which have said in the past they want them. In at Harvard and in at Columbia with a half ride, so it didn't hurt me.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:25 pm

mujiali wrote:
tfarunner wrote:So rundown is 168 and 3.87 double major from a big state university. Decent softs- TFA and a varsity sport at a D1 school.

Unless you have a real reason (medical emergency during previous test, death in the family, diagnosed depression etc.) there is no reason to write anything. I went 163, 164, 177 on three takes and didn't write addenda for anything except Chicago and Yale which have said in the past they want them. In at Harvard and in at Columbia with a half ride, so it didn't hurt me.
I wouldn't even write an addendum for depression, leaves a worse impression than what they would just assume.

Indifference

Silver

Post by Indifference » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:24 pm

Clearly wrote:
mujiali wrote:

I wouldn't even write an addendum for depression, leaves a worse impression than what they would just assume.
Not necessarily true if the person can show they have improved as a result of diagnosis and/or treatment. Regardless, OP, TCR is no addendum necessary unless there is a very good reason, or if the school specifically requests one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”