How F***** Is This URMuggle For Hogwarts? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
twoninetynine

New

Re: How F***** Is This URMuggle For Hogwarts?

Post by twoninetynine » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:38 am

ballcaps wrote:is the point of this thread to reiterate the hogwarts joke?

if so i suggest OP develops some new material.

while studying for a retake.
Hogwarts is not a joke sir.
Dirigo wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:
Tomasz wrote:what the hell is this
And OP, your GPA is all over the map. You don't have a history of academic success, so why go to a professional school that is brutally dependent upon both prior and future academics?
But upward trend!
"From Hufflepuff to Ravenclaw."

downbeat14

Silver

Post by downbeat14 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:54 am

Last edited by downbeat14 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:56 am

twoninetynine wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:IDK if he's a legit URM, I'm gonna bet he has a chance at any school where he's at or above the 75th percentile LSAT.
trust, when you're a mexican, you know you're a mexican. theres no confusion.
I was referring to the extent of an admissions bump you'll receive as a Mexican, because it's both uncertain and variable. I don't think it's as strong a bump as it is for native americans and black people. Your people weren't a victim of genocide or slavery, after all.

OP the only advice you're gonna get here is:

1.) You're not guaranteed to be dinged, but your LSAT score is too low for comfort
2.) Retake
Tomasz wrote:And OP, your GPA is all over the map. You don't have a history of academic success, so why go to a professional school that is brutally dependent upon both prior and future academics?
This is dumb. Law school performance isn't dependent upon prior academics. LSAC's study showed a ~.2 correlation between 1L grades and UGPA. I wouldn't call that brutally dependent.

Atmosphere

Silver

Post by Atmosphere » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:53 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:
twoninetynine wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:IDK if he's a legit URM, I'm gonna bet he has a chance at any school where he's at or above the 75th percentile LSAT.
trust, when you're a mexican, you know you're a mexican. theres no confusion.
I was referring to the extent of an admissions bump you'll receive as a Mexican, because it's both uncertain and variable. I don't think it's as strong a bump as it is for native americans and black people. Your people weren't a victim of genocide or slavery, after all.

OP the only advice you're gonna get here is:

1.) You're not guaranteed to be dinged, but your LSAT score is too low for comfort
2.) Retake
Tomasz wrote:And OP, your GPA is all over the map. You don't have a history of academic success, so why go to a professional school that is brutally dependent upon both prior and future academics?
This is dumb. Law school performance isn't dependent upon prior academics. LSAC's study showed a ~.2 correlation between 1L grades and UGPA. I wouldn't call that brutally dependent.
I haven't been following this thread, but there is a non-negligible bump for MA applicants. It only gets murky with the 'hispanic' distinction.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”