4 weeks til Feb 2015 - any increase chances? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
storpappa

Silver

4 weeks til Feb 2015 - any increase chances?

Post by storpappa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:54 pm

I did a cold 154, and studying for the Dec 164
I have all the books, the time and the ability to continue for 4 more weeks.

My PT were a solid 168 with one 171

Did I already buck the curve with the +10, or ignore the cold 154, and focus on the 164 as my "base score"

Which means that I would need a +7 to make a difference in my odds of a T14

Is it possible? Anything is possible, but is it practical or realistic.
The stats on retakes don't look good, but its hard to see from those retake stats how many are dedicated to it vs SWAG's

ilikebaseball

Gold

Re: 4 weeks til Feb 2015 - any increase chances?

Post by ilikebaseball » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:56 pm

storpappa wrote:I did a cold 154, and studying for the Dec 164
I have all the books, the time and the ability to continue for 4 more weeks.

My PT were a solid 168 with one 171

Did I already buck the curve with the +10, or ignore the cold 154, and focus on the 164 as my "base score"

Which means that I would need a +7 to make a difference in my odds of a T14

Is it possible? Anything is possible, but is it practical or realistic.
The stats on retakes don't look good, but its hard to see from those retake stats how many are dedicated to it vs SWAG's
If your struggles were LG or LR, it definitely is possible. If it was RC, its still possible just far more unlikely. Its hard for anyone to gain 7 points in 4 weeks, but I've heard about people going from -12 in LG to -2 in 2 weeks, so its possible.

mvp99

Silver

Post by mvp99 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:57 pm

abandon all hope

naa keep studying dont worry about whether there is a chance and good luck

storpappa

Silver

Post by storpappa » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:04 pm

The 164 was LG 0 and then -7's

Thanks for the responses.

As for the time commitment, I looked at my calendar and remembered the guy I read in Sept who said if you can't commit now the time for the better score, how can you commit to actually go to law school.

I just don't know what the real curve is for better scores. That official LSAC chart would have you believing average retakes are -3 to +2 which is just funny if it was true

ilikebaseball

Gold

Post by ilikebaseball » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:23 pm

storpappa wrote:The 164 was LG 0 and then -7's

Thanks for the responses.

As for the time commitment, I looked at my calendar and remembered the guy I read in Sept who said if you can't commit now the time for the better score, how can you commit to actually go to law school.

I just don't know what the real curve is for better scores. That official LSAC chart would have you believing average retakes are -3 to +2 which is just funny if it was true
It depends SOLELY on you correcting your mistakes and putting in the time. I gained 5 points on my retake, and I'm even taking it again cuz 5 MORE points would put me in a very good position.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

antiworldly

Bronze

Post by antiworldly » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:03 am

Even if you were PTing at the same level, if you've got the time an finances to do it, retake. Most school say they only care about the highest score (and those that say they care about them all may not be entirely truthful on the matter) so there's really no risk to retaking and hoping random chance comes out in your favor. It's only a ~100 question test, so statistics of small numbers will help. A few more correct guesses will be a great boon to your application.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:55 pm

I got a 166 on the real thing, got back into it several months later with my first PT being a 164, a month later got a 164 on my next PT, and a month after that took the real thing and got a 178. Most importantly, I never scored as high as 178 on the real thing. A month is a long time, and as the poster above me said they only care about the highest score so you might as well roll the dice and see if you can just get lucky on a few of those 50/50 questions and end up with a surprise high score.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”