. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
preciousoreo

New

Post by preciousoreo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Last edited by preciousoreo on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hand

Gold

Re: International GPA/167?

Post by Hand » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:21 pm

Retake. You can clearly score higher, and the LSAT really is the #1 consideration for international applicants, as your LSAC evaluation doesn't matter much, and the PhD is a good soft but it will probably do more for you when it comes to getting a job then in admissions. Also, come check in at the international applicants thread! ETA: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 7&t=233438

preciousoreo

New

Post by preciousoreo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Thank you for your suggestion! Do you think it would be ok to retake in Feb or should I wait until June and apply for the next cycle?

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:34 pm

If you are PTing reliably in the low to mid-170s right now, I'd go ahead and retake in Feb, so you can still apply this cycle if I were you. It'll be a while 'till June and if you are basically good to go you might as well try to get it over with while you're still in LSAT mode.

preciousoreo

New

Post by preciousoreo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:37 pm

Thanks again for the quick reply. One thing that I do not know is that if I should submit the apps now and retake in Feb. I heard that just registering in Feb will make schools know that I am retaking in Feb and they will not look at the apps until the score comes out again in March. Am I right about this? If so, I will get back to LSAT and retake (and hoping that I score better than Dec....)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Yeah to the best of my knowledge schools will see that you are signed up for a future LSAT administration and the majority will hold off on evaluating your application in virtue of that. If everything else is ready to go you could submit today and sign up for the February LSAT in a week or so, when LSAC has sent out your reports. But with the dwindling number of applicants, you may well be late-but-not-too-late if you only go under review when the February scores come out.

preciousoreo

New

Post by preciousoreo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:11 pm

I am wondering if you could kindly predict my chances for T14 schools based on the score that I received. I think I am ready enough, but still I would feel a lot more comfortable for June knowing that I can thoroughly study for it. What do you think? Lower T14s will work? Thanks.

musedreverie

Bronze

Post by musedreverie » Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:53 am

preciousoreo wrote:I am wondering if you could kindly predict my chances for T14 schools based on the score that I received. I think I am ready enough, but still I would feel a lot more comfortable for June knowing that I can thoroughly study for it. What do you think? Lower T14s will work? Thanks.
With your scienc-y background and intention to practice patent law, I think Georgetown is likely. Heard someone this cycle who got in with 166 (albeit with a US GPA above their median, so that may work more to their advantage than your LSAC evaluation)

Besides that, I'm not sure what you'd get with 167. It's high enough for T20 (with little scholarship), but too low to be considered 'safe' anywhere in T14.

Hand

Gold

Post by Hand » Sat Jan 03, 2015 4:42 pm

musedreverie wrote:
preciousoreo wrote:I am wondering if you could kindly predict my chances for T14 schools based on the score that I received. I think I am ready enough, but still I would feel a lot more comfortable for June knowing that I can thoroughly study for it. What do you think? Lower T14s will work? Thanks.
With your scienc-y background and intention to practice patent law, I think Georgetown is likely. Heard someone this cycle who got in with 166 (albeit with a US GPA above their median, so that may work more to their advantage than your LSAC evaluation)

Besides that, I'm not sure what you'd get with 167. It's high enough for T20 (with little scholarship), but too low to be considered 'safe' anywhere in T14.
Yeah I agree with this assessment. Numbers determine outcomes nearly completely, and so I take it you have a decent shot at Georgetown and perhaps Cornell as your LSAT is at their median, and they are both international-friendly schools (but you'll probably be looking at sticker or something close if you get admitted, which you shouldn't do); without an above-median GPA to compensate your chances at Northwestern and up are not good.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”