3.3 166 -- T 14? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Well_Timed

New

3.3 166 -- T 14?

Post by Well_Timed » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:51 am

strong upward trajectory in gpa: first 1.5 years undergrad started in 07 and I seriously bombed it, finishing at that particular institution with like a 1.0. Had severe anxiety and substance abuse problems at the time. Dealt with them, went back to school 3 years ago and finished with a 3.9 at my second school. I've been told my softs are averageish but I'll list them anyway. Phi Beta Kappa, Summa cum laude, honors thesis, featured article (one of two) in undergraduate research digest, interned at public defender's office for a summer, and double major. Some other random minor stuff like a research symposium. Have been working at a wealth management firm as a low level assistant since I graduated last May.

wrt current apps/acceptances, I have close to a full scholly at a TTT and I've applied to wustl.

1.) what do I look like at wustl? Money?

2.) will any t14s take me? I have been told my PS is strong and I suspect my two LORs are quite strong. Are there any schools in particular who will be favorable to a story like mine (redemption I guess)?

thanks for your time

BigZuck

Diamond

Re: 3.3 166 -- T 14?

Post by BigZuck » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:55 am

Check out http://www.mylsn.info for chances

Don't see the story mattering to any T14s. Out at all of them IMO. 166 is kinda a no man's land

emkay625

Gold

Post by emkay625 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:56 am

Well_Timed wrote:strong upward trajectory in gpa: first 1.5 years undergrad started in 07 and I seriously bombed it, finishing at that particular institution with like a 1.0. Had severe anxiety and substance abuse problems at the time. Dealt with them, went back to school 3 years ago and finished with a 3.9 at my second school. I've been told my softs are averageish but I'll list them anyway. Phi Beta Kappa, Summa cum laude, honors thesis, featured article (one of two) in undergraduate research digest, interned at public defender's office for a summer, and double major. Some other random minor stuff like a research symposium. Have been working at a wealth management firm as a low level assistant since I graduated last May.

wrt current apps/acceptances, I have close to a full scholly at a TTT and I've applied to wustl.

1.) what do I look like at wustl? Money?

2.) will any t14s take me? I have been told my PS is strong and I suspect my two LORs are quite strong. Are there any schools in particular who will be favorable to a story like mine (redemption I guess)?

thanks for your time
Are you a URM?

Well_Timed

New

Post by Well_Timed » Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:05 am

not URM

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”