What are my chances at HY ColN? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Orion311

Bronze

What are my chances at HY ColN?

Post by Orion311 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Hi, could anyone give me an idea of what my chances are (beyond the predictor websites)?

My GPA is a little over 3.8
LSAT of 175
Finishing undergrad in 3 years due to a bunch of APs, experienced musician (done some professional performing work), high leadership in high school,
[deleted]

I've lived in Canada my whole life - are international students considered differently? (Or are predictors like LSN still accurate, even with just the two numbers?)
Last edited by Orion311 on Thu May 28, 2015 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Clemenceau

Silver

Re: What are my chances at HY ColN?

Post by Clemenceau » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:36 pm

No one here really has special knowledge beyond what we've seen on lsn, tls, etc.

As far as I know, a canadian applicant is treated pretty much exactly the same as an American one.

I'd say in at H and CCN

Y is generally unpredictable, but I wouldn't be optimistic.

everything_bagel

Bronze

Post by everything_bagel » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:51 pm

Orion311 wrote:Hi, could anyone give me an idea of what my chances are (beyond the predictor websites)?

My GPA at McGill is 3.79 (will probably be 3.82 or so after this semester which I'll be able to send in a few weeks)
LSAT of 175
Finishing undergrad in 3 years due to a bunch of APs, experienced musician (done some professional performing work), high leadership in high school, but not a ton in uni - just a member of the debate team and the Amnesty International chapter at my school, summers working at a large Canadian corporation.
High school is irrelevant and finishing in 3 years isn't really a boon--it may just emphasize the fact that you're a k-jd. Your numbers are good for the schools you're targeting but you should seriously consider working for a year or two to improve your shot at OCI etc. and figure out if you actually want to be a lawyer. Don't just apply to HYCCN unless you're rich, though.

sims1

Bronze

Post by sims1 » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Anecdotal but fwiw I had a 175/3.85 as a Canadian k-jd and got wl-dinged at H. About as strong softs as most k-jds have too. I think they definitely favoured WE.

Just try to kill the interview and hopefully you will be ok. Expect YP at some schools, you will be fine for NY.

kadyevna

Bronze

Post by kadyevna » Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:51 am

sims1 wrote:Anecdotal but fwiw I had a 175/3.85 as a Canadian k-jd and got wl-dinged at H. About as strong softs as most k-jds have too. I think they definitely favoured WE.

Just try to kill the interview and hopefully you will be ok. Expect YP at some schools, you will be fine for NY.

as a canadian with a 173/3.8 applying this cycle, i am seriously worried.. if 175/3.85 got waitlisted then dinged, i don't see how H can let me in.. I'm pretty much k-JD as well..

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

fats provolone

Platinum

Post by fats provolone » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:23 pm

you can just buy them on the internet, no credentials required. kinda expensive though

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/371209989206?lpid=82

Kimikho

Gold

Post by Kimikho » Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:38 pm

Blatant S trolling here.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:13 am

Kimikho wrote:Blatant S trolling here.
Blatant Chicago trolling

Orion311

Bronze

Post by Orion311 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:46 pm

kadyevna wrote:
sims1 wrote:Anecdotal but fwiw I had a 175/3.85 as a Canadian k-jd and got wl-dinged at H. About as strong softs as most k-jds have too. I think they definitely favoured WE.

as a canadian with a 173/3.8 applying this cycle, i am seriously worried.. if 175/3.85 got waitlisted then dinged, i don't see how H can let me in.. I'm pretty much k-JD as well..
We can't give up hope! If you look at the application stats for this year so far http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/first- ... ion-cycle/, and their projections, http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/full-2 ... ojections/

you'll see that applications are down this year, with the largest percent decreases in the upper LSAT ranges. The people who benefit from this are those on the borderline. Waitlist-dinged could become waitlist-accept or even just accept when "borderline" is pushed down a bit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”