156/3.35/URM/ROTC (will be active duty after law school) Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
aggie15

New

156/3.35/URM/ROTC (will be active duty after law school)

Post by aggie15 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:48 pm

Hello TLS,

I will be graduating from Texas A&M in May with around a 3.3-3.4
I took the LSAT in June and got a 156 (financially I won't be able to retake it, nor do I have time to properly prepare)
I am in Army ROTC and will be going active duty after I graduate from law school (I received an educational delay)
I have had lots of internship experiences and have been very active on campus and in my community.
And I am of Latino descent.

I have applied to: Notre Dame, William & Mary, OU, Wake Forest, Texas A&M, Arizona, and Houston.

Any advice/suggestions? location/tuition is not a factor.

Rigo

Diamond

Re: 156/3.35/URM/ROTC (will be active duty after law school)

Post by Rigo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:10 pm

aggie15 wrote: I took the LSAT in June and got a 156 (financially I won't be able to retake it, nor do I have time to properly prepare)
This is some b.s. Either retake or don't go to law school.
aggie15 wrote:I am in Army ROTC and will be going active duty after I graduate from law school (I received an educational delay)
It'd be much better to be active duty now & do law school after.
aggie15 wrote:I have had lots of internship experiences and have been very active on campus and in my community.
This doesn't matter.
aggie15 wrote:And I am of Latino descent.
Unless you're Mexican or Puerto Rican, you will not get a URM bump.
aggie15 wrote:I have applied to: Notre Dame, William & Mary, OU, Wake Forest, Texas A&M, Arizona, and Houston.
You have no chance at most of those and the ones you do get into won't be worth attending.
aggie15 wrote:Any advice/suggestions? location/tuition is not a factor.
Location should darn well be a factor because all of those schools are regional.
How is tuition not a factor? Are you wealthy? Do you have the GI Bill already?

thatlawlkid

Gold

Post by thatlawlkid » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:20 pm

General Response will be to retake. No realistic reason to not maximize outcome opportunity. Better LSAT = better school, better school = better job chances, better job chances???profit.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Also, what are your career goals?

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:00 pm

Congrats, ed-delays for law are tough to get.

Assuming you're 1) getting this paid for by Army, and 2) guaranteed a gig with JAG when you graduate, pick basically any non-TTT school you want and have a wonderful life.

edit> You may have difficulty getting into a lot of the schools on your list, though. I would apply to schools where you're actually at the 156 median so you don't end up losing your delay by not getting into any schools.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”