3.2 / 160 LSAT. Chances of scholarships? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
surf

Bronze

3.2 / 160 LSAT. Chances of scholarships?

Post by surf » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:59 pm

Calculated LSAC of 3.2. Let's just assume 160 LSAT. Aiming 165 but we'll see how that goes.

I need loads of scholarship $ for me to attend. Finished UG with no debt. Would like to keep it as low as possible, given the job market.

Given my not so good GPA, do I have any chance of receiving a lot of scholarship money at a tier 2 school? I'm not too familiar w/ scholarships, but have heard of full-ride, half, etc. For some reason mylsn graphs for scholarships are displaying pixelated black boxes which seem to be useless at this point. FWIW by the time I apply I will have 1 year of work experience. Interned at a law firm during college. Not a minority.

Will apply to a bunch of schools in hopes of receiving a lot of scholarships / aid at one of them. If not....no law school for me. Thanks for any input!!!

ilikebaseball

Gold

Re: 3.2 / 160 LSAT. Chances of scholarships?

Post by ilikebaseball » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:08 pm

surf wrote:Calculated LSAC of 3.2. Let's just assume 160 LSAT. Aiming 165 but we'll see how that goes.

I need loads of scholarship $ for me to attend. Finished UG with no debt. Would like to keep it as low as possible, given the job market.

Given my not so good GPA, do I have any chance of receiving a lot of scholarship money at a tier 2 school? I'm not too familiar w/ scholarships, but have heard of full-ride, half, etc. For some reason mylsn graphs for scholarships are displaying pixelated black boxes which seem to be useless at this point. FWIW by the time I apply I will have 1 year of work experience. Interned at a law firm during college. Not a minority.

Will apply to a bunch of schools in hopes of receiving a lot of scholarships / aid at one of them. If not....no law school for me. Thanks for any input!!!
It totally depends on where you're applying. They don't really give out full rides very often. You just gotta look at the medians. You're lsat is above the median for many schools and you're GPA is likely below it. Shoot for the 165 I'd say. If you're gonna go to a worthwhile law school then raise the LSAT so you're GPA is a lot less of a factor.

CFC1524

Bronze

Post by CFC1524 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:11 pm

Your best resource is mylsn, with the caveat that it is a limited data set and therefore should be taken with a grain of salt. Anyways, put your mouse over the graphs and you should be able to see the scholarship info for that data point as well as its corresponding GPA/LSAT combo. The interface is funky, but the scholarship data is definitely there.

surf

Bronze

Post by surf » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:13 pm

CFC1524 wrote:Your best resource is mylsn, with the caveat that it is a limited data set and therefore should be taken with a grain of salt. Anyways, put your mouse over the graphs and you should be able to see the scholarship info for that data point as well as its corresponding GPA/LSAT combo. The interface is funky, but the scholarship data is definitely there.
Will do. When it has a $ amount next to it on the chart, say....$12,345, does that mean total for 3 years they received? Or for one year

edit - nevermind think it's total.

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:22 pm

how much did u study for the lsat?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”