175 lsat /3.23 gpa Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
feliscatus

New

175 lsat /3.23 gpa

Post by feliscatus » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:57 pm

Hello everybody,

I _think_ I qualify as a splitter?
My credentials are:

-175 LSAT
-3.23 LSDAS GPA (top 20 undergrad -- not sure if that makes any difference at all.) No extenuating circumstances, though there was an upward trend.
-not URM
-2 years out of college. Currently employed as a bilingual legal advocate at a domestic violence/sexual assault non-profit's legal services department. Very strongly interested in public interest -- specifically immigration, as well as DV/SA. Not sure all that's necessary to say here, but there you go.

Not particularly tied to one area of the country, though I have no desire to end up in the South or on the West Coast. I'm fairly open, but I guess right now my preferences include (in no particular order) Cornell, Georgetown, Minnesota, UChicago, UVA, Northwestern...and on. I guess I haven't really narrowed it down yet beyond "the best place I can get into, or somewhere decent with a financial incentive." It's still early...sort of.

I've done the whole calculator thing, but I guess I just want to hear from other people what they think, especially about scholarship possibilities.

Thank you in advance for any help.

riverwater

Bronze

Re: 175 lsat /3.23 gpa

Post by riverwater » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:04 am

Apply CCN down + 1-2 regionals that interest you. My guess is that you only get real money from regionals. Minnesota may give you a full ride.

norkanite

New

Post by norkanite » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:12 am

Last edited by norkanite on Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atwardow

New

Post by atwardow » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:13 pm

feliscatus wrote:Hello everybody,

I _think_ I qualify as a splitter?
My credentials are:

-175 LSAT
-3.23 LSDAS GPA (top 20 undergrad -- not sure if that makes any difference at all.) No extenuating circumstances, though there was an upward trend.
-not URM
-2 years out of college. Currently employed as a bilingual legal advocate at a domestic violence/sexual assault non-profit's legal services department. Very strongly interested in public interest -- specifically immigration, as well as DV/SA. Not sure all that's necessary to say here, but there you go.

Not particularly tied to one area of the country, though I have no desire to end up in the South or on the West Coast. I'm fairly open, but I guess right now my preferences include (in no particular order) Cornell, Georgetown, Minnesota, UChicago, UVA, Northwestern...and on. I guess I haven't really narrowed it down yet beyond "the best place I can get into, or somewhere decent with a financial incentive." It's still early...sort of.

I've done the whole calculator thing, but I guess I just want to hear from other people what they think, especially about scholarship possibilities.

Thank you in advance for any help.
I would guess there is an almost 100% certainty that Minnesota would give you a full ride.

feliscatus

New

Post by feliscatus » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:14 pm

norkanite wrote: I think LORs matter a lot more than usual for us splitters.
Really? That's good to hear.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”