4.0/164 Chance UCLA/USC Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Mickyiah

New

4.0/164 Chance UCLA/USC

Post by Mickyiah » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:52 am

LSAT taken in last October: 164.
LSDAS 4.0 scale GPA: 4.0
UC cummulative GPA: 3.88, major GPA:4.0

I'm currently a second-year (junior status) undergrad UCLA student, and will apply to law school this fall. Major in Economics. I will retake LSAT at June, but I don't think I will improve much because I really have a difficult time improving my reading speed and I can never finish the LR and RC sections. (I know someone like me should better not consider a law school in US, but I really want to try).

I post the chance so early because my lsat score will probably be alike, and I am also working on GRE as a backup if there is little chance for me to get into a fair law school, I will try hard on GRE(which is much easier to get a good grade) and apply for Econ master.

Can someone tell me what is my chance to UCLA(Early Decision) and USC ?
Thank you very much!

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Re: 4.0/164 Chance UCLA/USC

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:59 am

1) Take a look at this thread: http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 7&t=224666

2) Also play around with mylsn.info

3) Good decision to retake. Look at the guides on this board, you can improve. Don't fall into the mindset that you can't.

Jchance

Silver

Post by Jchance » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:19 pm

Mickyiah wrote:LSAT taken in last October: 164.
LSDAS 4.0 scale GPA: 4.0
UC cummulative GPA: 3.88, major GPA:4.0

I'm currently a second-year (junior status) undergrad UCLA student, and will apply to law school this fall. Major in Economics. I will retake LSAT at June, but I don't think I will improve much because I really have a difficult time improving my reading speed and I can never finish the LR and RC sections. (I know someone like me should better not consider a law school in US, but I really want to try).

I post the chance so early because my lsat score will probably be alike, and I am also working on GRE as a backup if there is little chance for me to get into a fair law school, I will try hard on GRE(which is much easier to get a good grade) and apply for Econ master.

Can someone tell me what is my chance to UCLA(Early Decision) and USC ?
Thank you very much!
Magic number at USC is 164, so looks like you are in. This could change from year to year tho.

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Alternatively, do you really even want to be an attorney? Your GPA (especially from a UC) is stellar, and you have a fairly good shot at an Econ PhD if your quant score is reasonably decent. If you want to be an academic/degree collector, a top econ Ph.D will 1) have way better opportunities than a JD from UCLA would, and 2) will cost you substantially less -- in fact, most top programs will pay you to be there.

Carter1901

Bronze

Post by Carter1901 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:28 pm

Great decision to retake. That monster GPA says you've got the work ethic and discipline to beat the LSAT. Prep hard and enjoy HYSCCN.

aboutmydaylight

Silver

Post by aboutmydaylight » Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Retake man. If you really want to do law, a 5 point bump and you're likely looking at UCLA for free and a good shot at a T6. I think you have a good shot at both a is right now, but with likely little money and UCLA/USC are not the best schools for law.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”