feb lsat 2014. enquiry Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jaslin25

New

feb lsat 2014. enquiry

Post by jaslin25 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:06 pm

hello everyone
can anybody tell me if the lsat is same for all the locations.?
i have been reading about this very difficult game in the feb lsat which was taken in US

my lsat location is asia and my feb lsat is on feb 23rd and im yet to give it. so will i also get the same type of questions?

a.sleepyhead

Bronze

Re: feb lsat 2014. enquiry

Post by a.sleepyhead » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:02 pm

They give international students a different test.

kartelite

Bronze

Post by kartelite » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:43 pm

a.sleepyhead wrote:They give international students a different test.
Well, it's not "international students," it's people who take the test overseas (I'm American but I took the test in Asia). The proctor also gave the instructions in the local language (not official LSAT instructions, but the other ones like "put down your pencils," or maybe that's an official one, I don't recall)...

You also don't get a full score report, so you don't know which questions you missed or how you did in each section. No idea why, I thought that was pretty dumb.

jaslin25

New

Post by jaslin25 » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:35 am

but the prep test are all same for everyone. isnt it.... how can they give us a different test.?

a.sleepyhead

Bronze

Post by a.sleepyhead » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:01 am

Haha okay, discussions of "international students" vs "students who take the test internationally" aside, they give a different test bc someone could hypothetically give you the questions after taking it themselves, which would give you a decided advantage. Also, the LSAT is standardized, so your score (with the curve) should be the same regardless of what test you get.

kartelite

Bronze

Post by kartelite » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:49 pm

a.sleepyhead wrote:Haha okay, discussions of "international students" vs "students who take the test internationally" aside, they give a different test bc someone could hypothetically give you the questions after taking it themselves, which would give you a decided advantage. Also, the LSAT is standardized, so your score (with the curve) should be the same regardless of what test you get.
I get the reason for a different test, but why wouldn't they release the score report 3 weeks later?

I'd also imagine the score distribution would be different for people taking the test overseas (I'm sure they have a way to calibrate results though). I wouldn't imagine as many really low scores, since people contemplating moving a few thousand miles for school would likely take the entrance exam pretty seriously, but non-native English speakers (who constitute a higher percentage of test-takers overseas) would probably find it difficult to really crush the test.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”