3.88 and 167 LSAT Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
auchmere

New

3.88 and 167 LSAT

Post by auchmere » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:25 pm

I really had my heart set on NYU/Columbia and was wondering if I still had a shot? Rec's should be fantastic backed up with a strong personal statement.
I know many are going to recommend retaking (which I will if things don't work out, I was PTing in the low-mid 70s), but I was hoping to take a gamble on this cycle and retake in June if things don't work out.

Thanks

txdude45

Silver

Re: 3.88 and 167 LSAT

Post by txdude45 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:39 pm

auchmere wrote:I really had my heart set on NYU/Columbia and was wondering if I still had a shot? Rec's should be fantastic backed up with a strong personal statement.
I know many are going to recommend retaking (which I will if things don't work out, I was PTing in the low-mid 70s), but I was hoping to take a gamble on this cycle and retake in June if things don't work out.

Thanks
With those schools as your goal, retaking your only bet. The probability for Columbia is just too low and a delay on NYU could earn you some very good money. You'd be better served spending the time you'd use on application materials studying for June.

Return to “What are my chances?”