Full Ride at Mercer Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Young Marino

Silver

Full Ride at Mercer

Post by Young Marino » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Chances I get a full ride at Mercer? Their medians are 3.4/152. My numbers are 3.8/154.

Legisperitus

Bronze

Re: Full Ride at Mercer

Post by Legisperitus » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:30 am

TLS generally says that you need to be above both 75th percentiles for a chance at a full ride, which at Mercer was a 3.6/154. So your LSAT is borderline, but you still have a shot. I'd retake if you want a really solid chance of getting a full ride though.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:33 am

Do they give full rides?

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:24 am

Legisperitus wrote:TLS generally says that you need to be above both 75th percentiles for a chance at a full ride, which at Mercer was a 3.6/154. So your LSAT is borderline, but you still have a shot. I'd retake if you want a really solid chance of getting a full ride though.
I do have a full ride offer on the table from a tier 4 in my preferred region so I'm hoping to use that as leverage. I would still strongly considering Mercer even if I don't get a full ride but can keep my total debt load under $60k

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:33 am

BigZuck wrote:Do they give full rides?
In the past they've been pretty generous with full rides and more than full rides. The most recent ABA report shows about 8% with full rides and 4% with more than full. http://www.law.mercer.edu/sites/default ... Report.pdf

I understand Mercer has recently changed its scholarship allocation, however, and plans to award more scholarship money but distributed more evenly among the class. So the # of students receiving full rides will decrease.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:30 pm

What are your stipulations?

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:56 pm

unodostres wrote:What are your stipulations?
Mercer's is "good academic standing." It would be extraordinary for someone to lose his/her scholarship. There is very little academic attrition.

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:18 pm

ggocat wrote:
unodostres wrote:What are your stipulations?
Mercer's is "good academic standing." It would be extraordinary for someone to lose his/her scholarship. There is very little academic attrition.
Just got word that they're sending someone to my hometown for a sit down on behalf of the scholarship committee. I guess it's a good sign? From what I've researched, Mercer seems to be a nice little gem in Georgia.

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:21 pm

They're sending someone out specifically to recruit you? That's crazy. Not sure how I would feel about that personally.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Young Marino

Silver

Post by Young Marino » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:28 pm

BigZuck wrote:They're sending someone out specifically to recruit you? That's crazy. Not sure how I would feel about that personally.
Even if I don't go, I don't mind free lunch lol

ggocat

Gold

Post by ggocat » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:57 pm

Young Marino wrote:Just got word that they're sending someone to my hometown for a sit down on behalf of the scholarship committee. I guess it's a good sign? From what I've researched, Mercer seems to be a nice little gem in Georgia.
Seems like a good sign for getting a scholarship. Congrats!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”