3.3 and 160 as lower 25 percentile schools Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cherryglasses

New

3.3 and 160 as lower 25 percentile schools

Post by cherryglasses » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Hi,
My first post here, hope this is the right topic category. I'll start by saying a little about me. I'm looking to practice IP law when I graduate law school, anywhere in the country is fine with me for now. After graduation in June 2013, I studied for the LSAT and took it in June. Got a 160. Over the end of summer through the beginning of fall, I studied and sat for the Patent Bar and passed. I decided then that it would better suit me to study for the LSAT again, which I did in December. Today(1-2-2014), the December 2013 LSAT score came out by email. I got a 160. I ended up getting the same score. I'm assuming I got 100% on games, minus 12 on the 2 LR, and minus 16 on CR(more than half), because that's exactly how my score was broken down the last time in June. My lsac GPA is 3.300. college gpa is 3.15. I graduated with a BS in physics from a top 50 school. My application package(GPA, LSAT, Statement, Recs, CAS) as of today is all done. I just need to click send and pay.

My question is, assuming that I accept my fate of not being able to improve on reading, what are my chances of going to GWU, and going to BU/BC? Would I even have a shot at these schools, or anything higher? Aside from those schools, where would I stand in general? I've been heavily looking into George Washington and BU because after asking around, those would be good schools to go over santa clara law, which I'm pretty sure I'd get in. Any recommendations or corrections to any misconceptions I have would be really helpful as well. Thanks.

kobe1020

Bronze

Re: 3.3 and 160 as lower 25 percentile schools

Post by kobe1020 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:00 pm

the chances are you are probably not getting into GWU or BU. As far as I can see if both under 25% the chance gets really small (I know GWU 25% is 159 but i'm assuming those people either are URM or have good GPA). Normally you have to have a higher GPA/LSAT to offset relatively low LSAT/GPA, unless you have some amazing softs i don't know whether a bar passing counts..but we are all shooting for the best we can get. so go ahead !! :D

cherryglasses

New

Post by cherryglasses » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:13 pm

Thanks for the reply.
What LSAT score are we looking at for me to have at least a slight chance at it? What if I do ED? And if those are the only 2 options, would I be better off doing ED, or just retaking for a few more points? since i think the deadline for both is before the February test.

TigerDude

Bronze

Post by TigerDude » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:53 pm

you need to just look at the numbers.

Do you have practice tests that say you could be doing better?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”