3.84 GPA, Highest LSAT 169, planning on December Retake Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
tmkm

New

3.84 GPA, Highest LSAT 169, planning on December Retake

Post by tmkm » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:11 am

Hi all. I'm about to send my applications in this week for most of my schools and wanted to see if I could get your feedback.

What are my chances for:

1) RD Columbia w/ current 3.84, 169, and potential 172+ on retake in December?
2) UCLA w/ $$$
3) What other t14 look like they will be good fit w/ my numbers?

Ideally, I want to stay in NYC or go to UCLA w/ money because of my current situation but would be open to considering other t14 schools if there was prospects of limited debt....

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!

Also, thank you for the response below.
Last edited by tmkm on Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wtrc

Gold

Re: 3.84 GPA, Highest LSAT 169, planning on December Retake

Post by wtrc » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:29 pm

tmkm wrote:Hi all. I'm about to send my applications in this week for most of my schools and wanted to see if I could get your feedback.

What are my chances for:

1) RD Columbia w/ current 3.84, 169, and potential 172+ on retake in December?
2) UCLA w/ $$$
3) What other t14 look like they will be good fit w/ my numbers?

Ideally, I want to stay in NYC or go to UCLA w/ money because of my current situation but would be open to considering other t14 schools if there was prospects of limited debt....

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated!
If you want to stay in New York, NYU is definitely a possibility.

Columbia would be tough but def. not out. Get another point or two and that's in.

Berkeley you have a good chance at. Duke, Cornell, Michigan, Georgetown too.. pretty much the mid to lower T14. But yeah, retake, get a 172+.

tmkm

New

Re: 3.84 GPA, Highest LSAT 169, planning on December Retake

Post by tmkm » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:41 pm

As a follow up to the OP, I was wondering what would be considered a safe LSAT score come December to secure a seat at CCN. I've been PT'ing around 170-174 and am winding down my studying so that I can have sufficient rest before the exam...

Looking at LSN, it looks likes 173 was the threshold for the '12-'13 cycle, but was wondering if the '13-'14 cycle may look different.

Additionally, I graduated 2010, have 3 years WE, 1 year as a corporate recruiter and 2 years as a florist. Softs are average. LOR, 1 from college pre-law advisor/professor, 1 from current employer, and 1 from reverend.

Thank you!

Return to “What are my chances?”