where to apply! Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jttoplawschools93

New

where to apply!

Post by jttoplawschools93 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:50 pm

edit.
Last edited by jttoplawschools93 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cotiger

Gold

Re: where to apply! 3.69 167

Post by cotiger » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:59 pm

You can get in paying sticker at Cornell. I highly doubt you'll get in anywhere else in the T14. Worth a shot I guess to some of the other lower T14, with declining apps and all. Looks like you can get money from some of the top regionals. Apply there and hope that Cornell really needs to woo you to keep their median.

HYSenberg

Bronze

Post by HYSenberg » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:42 pm

cotiger wrote:You can get in paying sticker at Cornell. I highly doubt you'll get in anywhere else in the T14. Worth a shot I guess to some of the other lower T14, with declining apps and all. Looks like you can get money from some of the top regionals. Apply there and hope that Cornell really needs to woo you to keep their median.
He's at Cornell's 75th for LSAT and above their median GPA. Do you really think he'd pay sticker?

Lavitz

Gold

Post by Lavitz » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:53 pm

HYSenberg wrote:
cotiger wrote:You can get in paying sticker at Cornell. I highly doubt you'll get in anywhere else in the T14. Worth a shot I guess to some of the other lower T14, with declining apps and all. Looks like you can get money from some of the top regionals. Apply there and hope that Cornell really needs to woo you to keep their median.
He's at Cornell's 75th for LSAT and above their median GPA. Do you really think he'd pay sticker?
The 75th is also the median. OP is barely above both medians. It's not really uncommon for them to make people barely above both medians to pay sticker or close to it. And quite a few spots are being filled up with ED applicants this year. If Cornell uses the opportunity to throw money at people with better numbers, there likely won't be much left over.

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:09 pm

Lavitz wrote:
HYSenberg wrote:
The 75th is also the median. OP is barely above both medians. It's not really uncommon for them to make people barely above both medians to pay sticker or close to it. And quite a few spots are being filled up with ED applicants this year. If Cornell uses the opportunity to throw money at people with better numbers, there likely won't be much left over.

I agree with this. I think that Cornell is using ED to secure the 167 median so they can throw $$ to raise the 75th back to 169 (or at least 168). OP will likely pay sticker. That being said, it's OPs best chance at the T14.

dusters

Bronze

Post by dusters » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:05 am

Reach at Michigan, Duke

Target Cornell, GULC, WULST, Minn, VANDY, ULCA, USC

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”