How am I looking for NYU RD? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
worried0L

Bronze

How am I looking for NYU RD?

Post by worried0L » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:08 am

Last edited by worried0L on Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

midwest17

Gold

Re: How am I looking for NYU RD?

Post by midwest17 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:10 am

worried0L wrote:Hi there,

i'm a massive lurker, and my stats are 3.47/172 (october scores). I am quite hesitant of applying ED to NYU but fear getting locked out of CCN. How do I look for NYU RD considering my low gpa scores and that I'm an international student with average softs?

Thank you guys so much!

The only cautionary note is that your GPA is lower than all those NYU data points. (They're all 172/3.50-3.53).

This guy got in with a 3.4/171, but he also had a TBI, and didn't get in until July: http://lawschoolnumbers.com/DaleCooper

Anyways, it looks like you've got a shot at NYU, but not much of one at Columbia or Chicago. I'd do RD, but if you'd take NYU with no scholarship over anything else, ED may be worth it. Play around with mylsn.info and look at the data that's out there.

cotiger

Gold

Re: How am I looking for NYU RD?

Post by cotiger » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:20 am

You certainly have a shot. I wouldn't recommend doing the "auto search" like Midwest did because that takes applicants from several years back. Admissions standards have changed quite a bit even from two years ago.

Here's a representation of what happened last year. I had to expand your ranges a little more than usual to get a good number. Midwest's caveat that all of the NYU 172s had at least a 3.5 still stands, though. Don't let that get you too down, though, because there aren't really any 3.4Xs to compare that to.

Return to “What are my chances?”