3.95/159 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
wygtsmile

New

3.95/159

Post by wygtsmile » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:12 pm

Took october lsat and got 159. My average was around 163 before taking october, and I haven't been studying for lsat since october test.

I was planning on ED for UCLA.
I knew even before taking October test that I probably dont have a shot at UCLA with my lsat average score being so low, so realistically I was aiming for UC irvine, UC hastings, or UC davis.

Maybe thinking about retaking December test, but my school has quarter system, which means in next one month I have 5 midterms + finals + lsat prepping to worry about. (december test date is three days before my finals ha)

do i have a shot at UCI, UCHastings, UCD with my current lsat?
or should i man up and endure the crazy studying schedule in the month of November and retake the december test?

hephaestus

Gold

Re: 3.95/159

Post by hephaestus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:45 pm

You need to do whatever you can to get a 166+ on the LSAT. Whether that means taking in December, or taking in next June and waiting a year is up to you. With such a high GPA, you stand to get significant money from many better schools with a higher LSAT. Going with the 159 is leaving literally tens of thousands of dollars on the table while compromising your job prospects.

Dr.Zer0

Silver

Post by Dr.Zer0 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:06 am

Last edited by Dr.Zer0 on Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

UnderrateOverachieve

Bronze

Post by UnderrateOverachieve » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:39 am

I initially rejected the TLS advice thinking they were total haters... I have since realized that the conventional wisdom on this board is absolutely credited. I ended up at a TTT, LR, "biglaw", judicial externship, and low debt. I know HOW FUCKING LUCKY I am. Insane that I ended up in the position. I absolutely subscribe to the conventional wisdom of this board that I ignored. Please get a 165 for me. You will not regret it. Do not reject the wisdom of some of these guys even though it sounds inflammatory. I promise they have your interest at heart. Lots of these megaposters are guys that wish they could go back to your position and make the right call.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”