should i wait until next cycle? 3.77/ 164 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
walterwhite

Bronze

should i wait until next cycle? 3.77/ 164

Post by walterwhite » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm a senior right now, what's the best I can do with these numbers?

I have been planning to go to law school next year, however I think if I studied more and took the test again I could definitely get into the 168-171 range. I really only studied for about a month and half during the summer, then sporadically the month before the test.

I know most TLS commenters will advise me to retake (which I probably will), but I'm wondering, worst case scenario, what is the best I can do right now with 3.77 and 164?

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: should i wait until next cycle? 3.77/ 164

Post by jbagelboy » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:40 pm

You could probably get into USC, Minnesota, and George Washington at near sticker prices with your current scores.

Finish your senior year, retake, and apply next fall. Most of us have done it, and it's not a big deal. Working and saving up money after school is great. Get your grades over 3.8, retake for 170, and you'll have a good shot at CCN.

walterwhite

Bronze

Post by walterwhite » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:29 pm

also i've looked at law school numbers and all those sites i just wanted to post here since the data on some of these sites seems a bit dated

hephaestus

Gold

Post by hephaestus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 pm

jbagelboy wrote:You could probably get into USC, Minnesota, and George Washington at near sticker prices with your current scores.

Finish your senior year, retake, and apply next fall. Most of us have done it, and it's not a big deal. Working and saving up money after school is great. Get your grades over 3.8, retake for 170, and you'll have a good shot at CCN.
+1. A retake is certainly within order. A 164 shows you can do well on the LSAT, and that there are just areas of your test taking that need refined. I got a 164 on my first take, waited, retook, and worked full time for a year. For me, it was the difference between GWU or Fordham at sticker and T14 with $$.

walterwhite

Bronze

Post by walterwhite » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:18 pm

also this is a sidenote but what does it mean when you get fee waivers from reach schools? for example Columbia and UCLA recently emailed me with fee waivers- they're just trying to get ther application numbers up right? I have no chance at those schools as it stands (although I would like to retake and have a shot at Columbia next cycle)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”