Post removed. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
MistakenGenius

Silver

Post removed.

Post by MistakenGenius » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:36 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by MistakenGenius on Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Re: 3.82, 169 -Isn't this strange?

Post by jbagelboy » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:12 pm

Yes, it makes more sense than you might think from reading TLS/LSN.

1) Applicants who make LSN profiles are already highly ambitious, aware, and for the most part will as a result craft sounder applications, apply to the right schools, ect. The data is definitely swayed towards applicants who already stand a slightly greater than 50/50 shot than another applicant with their same numbers, IMO.

2) Lots of people don't report when they get rejected. Go onto any of the LSN pages for a T14 school: the majority of the pages are "pending". My bet is most of these pendings are WL/rejects.

3) A 169 until recently has not been a strong enough score to guarantee admission into any T14. UCLA was holding a 170 LSAT median in 2011 when your friend applied. Cornell may be easier on numbers, but they are a little more selective in other categories than some of the other lower T14's; Berkeley is a crapshoot, he's below medians at Stanford.

The Georgetown and Duke rejects are the only surprising ones for me, but that was a tougher cycle than the last few.

Return to “What are my chances?”