Undergard GPA 3.3 159 LSAT Canadain law GPA 2.95 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
serdog

Bronze

Undergard GPA 3.3 159 LSAT Canadain law GPA 2.95

Post by serdog » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:37 am

Hi all,
I considering getting an American JD following by Canadian JD(I'm start 3rd year in September), as I want to be called in Alaska(my primary practice will be in Yukon).

I count as Native American at some school I know for a fact, I will be able to have outstanding letter of reference. I have one term of graded class remain during which I'm taking Tax, Trusts and Evidence( I'm doing the full time legal aid centre for my last term) so my GPA may go down a little :/ ( I suck at tests hence a C+ average first year and a B+ 2nd year ).

Softs: International work experience (working for courts in New Zealand) work at a high level policy and negotiations position for 3 years before law school, awarded a prizes for outstanding aboriginal leadership by my law school got another one from a summer Aboriginal law program, preformed in the 2010 Opening Ceremonies and part of a prize winning moot time.

my understanding is that my options are 1) get a JD 2) get a LLM 3) Get called in Mass, Cali or NY and try and transfer. I know that getting the JD is the surest fire way to be allowed to take the bar, but I unsure of the costs.

What's my best opinion, I'm thinking study my ass off to Mass Bar then try and transfer before applying.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Re: Undergard GPA 3.3 159 LSAT Canadain law GPA 2.95

Post by PRgradBYU » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:55 pm

Retake.

Return to “What are my chances?”