Suspended Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
NYstate

Gold

Re: Suspended

Post by NYstate » Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:54 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:I would say don't go to law school. We're here talking about whether is even possible for you to be admitted to the bar in any state, but it wouldn't surprise anyone to see you shut out of the bar everywhere. You don't want to sink all that money into law school if you're not absolutely sure you'll be able to practice.

Generally, the bigger the transgression, the further removed you need to be from it. You have a pretty long list culminating in a very serious charge (threatening to blow up the school). Did you get charged with a felony for that? That's an automatic disbarment in 48 states, I think.

I tend to be relatively permissive about this kind of stuff, and I think state bars in general deny too many people for things that are most often harmless. But if you'll allow me to be frank, OP, if I were on a certification board reading that, I would deny you. It's way too soon after something way too big. It doesn't come across as a "I was young and stupid" or a "I made a bad decision in the heat of the moment" C&F, it comes across as you legitimately being a threat to people around you. So yeah, definitely consult with something who has expertise in this sort of stuff.

Also, word of advice: I wouldn't post any more of this stuff on the Internet if I were you, and frankly I'd advise you to delete what you've posted. Just a heads up.
I was getting this feeling too. We can't advise OP other than strongly recommend he keep his mouth shut with schools and the bar until he talks to an expert who can advise him. Posting more here just makes him more easily identifiable.

I'm not seeing this as as hopeless as you guys do, but I'm not an expert. He should be able to find some school that would admit him...but the bar is another matter.

iiifly

New

Post by iiifly » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:32 pm

You don't need to score a 180 on the LSAT to figure out that OP's story doesn't add up. An AA that scores 170+ and a High GPA suggests he has a basic level of intellect to not have engaged in the egregious conduct indicated. Did OP even graduate? FAKE.

mmoonb09

New

Post by mmoonb09 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:40 pm

iiifly wrote:You don't need to score a 180 on the LSAT to figure out that OP's story doesn't add up. An AA that scores 170+ and a High GPA suggests he has a basic level of intellect to not have engaged in the egregious conduct indicated. Did OP even graduate? FAKE.
Why do I have to be a fake? I am in the 170 range and I have a 3.7 GPA. Why do I have to lie about anything. No I did not graduate yet. I have a couple more semesters left.

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:47 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote:I would say don't go to law school. We're here talking about whether is even possible for you to be admitted to the bar in any state, but it wouldn't surprise anyone to see you shut out of the bar everywhere. You don't want to sink all that money into law school if you're not absolutely sure you'll be able to practice.

Also, word of advice: I wouldn't post any more of this stuff on the Internet if I were you, and frankly I'd advise you to delete what you've posted. Just a heads up.
This, I believe, is TCR.
iiifly wrote:You don't need to score a 180 on the LSAT to figure out that OP's story doesn't add up. An AA that scores 170+ and a High GPA suggests he has a basic level of intellect to not have engaged in the egregious conduct indicated. Did OP even graduate? FAKE.
This is uncalled for.

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:00 pm

mmoonb09 wrote:
Why do I have to be a fake? I am in the 170 range and I have a 3.7 GPA. Why do I have to lie about anything. No I did not graduate yet. I have a couple more semesters left.
I believe OP. That is why I tried to give him my best advice: Go ask an expert if to see if you can get admitted to the bar and the best way to approach schools. We don't know. And don't ask the schools themselves or the bar for advice.

If to dont have any other career in mind, you need to find out if you have a chance. If not , go into something else.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

BigZuck

Diamond

Post by BigZuck » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Is this real?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:01 pm

Lol are you dumb? You realize intellect and emotional disorders aren't the same thing right? You realize how many geniuses are troubled n.a.

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:36 am

Working on the assumption that this is real, if only because I know an AA male who is more than capable of scoring well on the LSAT and had at least a 3.8 before getting expelled for pummeling another student with a chain --

Get a lot of time in between now and when you want to apply to law school. A few anger management classes aren't going to cut it. Go join the Peace Corps for a few years. Enlist for two years if you can. Build an orphanage in Mexico. Come back to law school able to show a bar committee that the reasons that caused you to go nuts during undergrad are far and away in your past.

rouser

Bronze

Post by rouser » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:08 am

do you have a criminal history or other stuff that would look bad? you might need to figure out the things that were making you so mad and then be ready to explain how you now realize it was wrong to get violent (might need to also take anger mgm't courses and go a couple years w/o any violence). I'm not sure if ppl ITT actually know how state bars would rule on someone w/ your background and I don't either so you should find someone who is an expert on that.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:56 am

mmoonb09 wrote:School One (back at that school now)
1.Intimidating or threatening behavior
2. Failure to comply
3. Disorderly, disruptive, lewd or indecent conduct
4. Disruption or obstruction of teaching, administration, or other university activities

School Two
Teacher said that I threatening to blow up the school which is why I am expelled from that school.
First, you need counseling - whether you are guilty or not. Committing such offenses indictates a problem in your personal life, and being falsely accused of such offenses can be traumatic.

Adcoms and state bars are going to wonder how you addressed the situation. I would wait for about four or five years, get intensive counseling, hold a good job, save some coin, and put in some serious community service. These activities will also allow you to get strong LOR's (an additional one from your counselor would help)

All of this can go a long ways towards cleaning up your profile. Your grades are really good, and you apparently have a handle on the LSAT. If you want to sit for the Oct or Dec (2013) test, I don't see why you shouldn't. But wait a few years to apply. The legal job market still sucks anyways; you aren't missing anything.
Last edited by PDaddy on Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:28 am

If you had gotten into trouble at one school, I might say you have a shot, because you can always argue that it was blown out of proportion and it's an isolated black mark on an otherwise clean record. The fact that you've gotten the boot TWICE for behavioral problems makes it a lot tougher. Whether you ultimately go to law school or not, you really need to get some help and get your shit under control. This will look very, very bad for any potential employer/grad program, law related or not.

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:27 pm

mmoonb09 wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:I think you need to look into whether or not you can get a gag order on the school and then not disclose
I do not know what u mean by that.
School records are generally confidential.
The way I see it:
Disclose: C&F fail.
Rely on schools' confidence: ballsy, but might work?

Thus, I would look into your school's record release policy.

Monochromatic Oeuvre

Gold

Post by Monochromatic Oeuvre » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:23 am

laxbrah420 wrote:
mmoonb09 wrote:
laxbrah420 wrote:I think you need to look into whether or not you can get a gag order on the school and then not disclose
I do not know what u mean by that.
School records are generally confidential.
The way I see it:
Disclose: C&F fail.
Rely on schools' confidence: ballsy, but might work?

Thus, I would look into your school's record release policy.
Failure to disclose is a C&F violation by itself. The last thing OP needs right now is to give state bars more reason to think he's unethical.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

NanaP

Bronze

Post by NanaP » Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:50 am

I think the OP should do as others have mentioned. Have some distance between graduating and law school, like 7 years. Get a job, join peace corps, join some volunteer clubs. You still should speak to someone if this will prevent you from being accepted to the bar.

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:34 pm

Monochromatic Oeuvre wrote: Failure to disclose is a C&F violation by itself. The last thing OP needs right now is to give state bars more reason to think he's unethical.
You're missing the point. Obviously, the goal here is to not get caught.

HotSplit

New

Post by HotSplit » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:47 pm

Don't go to law school. By the sound of it you're going to wind up in prison soon anyway.

Only thing worse than being imprisoned is having to pay off your law school debts once you're out.

HotSplit

New

Post by HotSplit » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Wormfather wrote:
HotSplit wrote:Don't go to law school. By the sound of it you're going to wind up in prison soon anyway.

Only thing worse than being imprisoned is having to pay off your law school debts once you're out.
Fuck off.
I'm not one to try and tear someone down. But come on, we aren't talking about a DWI or a bar fight here. The guy is threatening to blow up schools.

So why don't you fuck off? Or better yet, sit next to him in class.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

HotSplit

New

Post by HotSplit » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:01 am

Wormfather wrote:
HotSplit wrote:
Wormfather wrote:
HotSplit wrote:Don't go to law school. By the sound of it you're going to wind up in prison soon anyway.

Fuck off.
I'm not one to try and tear someone down. But come on, we aren't talking about a DWI or a bar fight here. The guy is threatening to blow up schools.

So why don't you fuck off? Or better yet, sit next to him in class.
Yeah maybe he's got some issues but it sounds like he's working through them. But then asses like you come along and say shit like that so yes, I tell thee to fuck off.

You're being an ass.
I'm sorry, you must be his mother.

Dont be such a blow-hard. I was clearly kidding. If one comment is enough to send him over the edge... Oh, nevermind.

danitt

Gold

Post by danitt » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:03 am

Did you register a new account just to be that guy?

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:06 am

You weren't kidding --you just added sarcastic hyperbole to mute your statement. You were still a dick.

HotSplit

New

Post by HotSplit » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:08 am

danitt wrote:Did you register a new account just to be that guy?
No. This was just too crazy not to comment.

Don't tell me you wouldn't love to get your hands on the addendum explaining this one.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

HotSplit

New

Post by HotSplit » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:09 am

laxbrah420 wrote:You weren't kidding --you just added sarcastic hyperbole to mute your statement. You were still a dick.
Sorry. I'll be sure to send him a fruit basket in the morning.

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:10 am

HotSplit wrote:

Don't tell me you wouldn't love to get your hands on the addendum explaining this one.
And what a comment it was!
You're the fucking guy who tells his friend who just got engaged, "ENJOY PRISON CHORTLE CHORTLE CHORTLE!"

HotSplit

New

Post by HotSplit » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:12 am

laxbrah420 wrote:
HotSplit wrote:

And what a comment it was!
You're the fucking guy who tells his friend who just got engaged, "ENJOY PRISON CHORTLE CHORTLE CHORTLE!"
I see. You must be the "fucking guy" who isn't funny and laughs at his own jokes.

HotSplit

New

Post by HotSplit » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:16 am

Wormfather wrote:
Who's alt are you?
laxbrah420's...

When I am laxbrah, I am a lacrosse-playing, 420-smoking, "brah" who gets wound up over the little things.

When I am HotSplit, I make semi-insensitive comments that get the 'I just saw the Notebook and cried again' crowd all worked up.

Quite a thing I have going for myself.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”