3.45/160 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Dreadnought

New

3.45/160

Post by Dreadnought » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:52 pm

Hey guys/ladies, I made a post a while back regarding my LSAT scores and now I am posting on behalf of a friend of mine because she is having some difficulties and I did not know where else to turn. This is the story, She goes to FAU and had a GPA that was maintained around a 2.8 to 3.0; the reasoning behind this is because of a medical issue that I don't want to disclose on the internet but essentially she had frequent MRI, Pet, and Cat scans. She withdraw from 7 course (all W's) because of this however approached each semester hoping to make the best of it. The good news is that the illness is under control now and she has managed to raise her GPA to a 3.45 and managed to score a 160 on the LSAT. She also works as an office assistance/ intern at a law firm and works about 20 to 25 hours a week (for about 1.5 years). My question is this, with this kind of background what do you guys think her chances are getting into FSU or UF. I literally could not answer this for her because the situation is so complex. I figured that because of the medical situation and the huge gpa jump that it would look good. Thank you in advance for the assistance it is much appreciated.

llachans

Silver

Re: 3.45/160

Post by llachans » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:58 pm

Dreadnought wrote:Hey guys/ladies, I made a post a while back regarding my LSAT scores and now I am posting on behalf of a friend of mine because she is having some difficulties and I did not know where else to turn. This is the story, She goes to FAU and had a GPA that was maintained around a 2.8 to 3.0; the reasoning behind this is because of a medical issue that I don't want to disclose on the internet but essentially she had frequent MRI, Pet, and Cat scans. She withdraw from 7 course (all W's) because of this however approached each semester hoping to make the best of it. The good news is that the illness is under control now and she has managed to raise her GPA to a 3.45 and managed to score a 160 on the LSAT. She also works as an office assistance/ intern at a law firm and works about 20 to 25 hours a week (for about 1.5 years). My question is this, with this kind of background what do you guys think her chances are getting into FSU or UF. I literally could not answer this for her because the situation is so complex. I figured that because of the medical situation and the huge gpa jump that it would look good. Thank you in advance for the assistance it is much appreciated.
She should get into both. She'll get more money at FSU. She should retake if she wants a substantial scholarship at either though.

Gold

Post by 052220151 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:39 pm

Tell her to retake, 160 -> 165 is a really easy jump to make, and it could be worth a boatload of cash at UF and FSU.

nebula666

Silver

Post by nebula666 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Should be in at UF but paying sticker. A 167+ will net a $54k scholly, which is huge at UF since it is one of the cheaper law schools. A 163-164 will net $36k, also a good scholarship for UF. Sticker is not worth it.

Will definitely be in at FSU but also paying sticker. A 162+ will net $30k, 165+ should get $45k. FSU is comparable in price to UF but Gainesville is slightly cheaper and has overall better quality housing near the law school than does FSU.

So yeah, ask your friend if 1 year off is worth at least $30k to her. If it is, tell her to hang out in Boca, get a job, and study her ass off. If the money doesn't matter, then it's a fairly personal choice between the two schools as they are peers.

Dreadnought

New

Post by Dreadnought » Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:20 am

Thank you I'll be speaking with her today based off of the responses I got from you guys. Do you think there is going to be an issue with those withdrawals because she was worried the most about those. Thank you again for the assistance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”