Severe Splitter Chances Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TheCurrantThyme

New

Severe Splitter Chances

Post by TheCurrantThyme » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:55 am

2.7/177 Still in Undergrad. No WE. Non-URM.

Any prayer at T14?
Any Scholly from T30?
Any Additional Advice?

UnderrateOverachieve

Bronze

Re: Severe Splitter Chances

Post by UnderrateOverachieve » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:58 am

TheCurrantThyme wrote:2.7/177 Still in Undergrad. No WE. Non-URM.

Any prayer at T14?
Any Scholly from T30?
Any Additional Advice?
Get to 3.0 if you can?

bizzybone1313

Silver

Post by bizzybone1313 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:20 am

How did you find the time in undergrad to study for a 177? I have always wondered how you peeps accomplish this feat.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:21 am

Get a job and explain you will have a years work experience before classes start and hope for NU.
Decent shot at NU anyway, but couldn't hurt to try.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:23 am

bizzybone1313 wrote:How did you find the time in undergrad to study for a 177? I have always wondered how you peeps accomplish this feat.
I always wondered how people that studied to get a 177 could end up with a 2.XX in the first place. I mean, grats on the 177, but wth happened to your GPA dude?

To answer your question, UVA and NU seem to be your best bet in the T14s. I think you should still blanket the T14. The 177 makes you a rare commodity. Good GPAs are a dime in a dozen.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

bizzybone1313

Silver

Post by bizzybone1313 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:35 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:How did you find the time in undergrad to study for a 177? I have always wondered how you peeps accomplish this feat.
I always wondered how people that studied to get a 177 could end up with a 2.XX in the first place. I mean, grats on the 177, but wth happened to your GPA dude?

To answer your question, UVA and NU seem to be your best bet in the T14s. I think you should still blanket the T14. The 177 makes you a rare commodity. Good GPAs are a dime in a dozen.
This. If I knew that I could easily crank out a LSAT score like that, it would have been models, bottles and keggers all during undergrad for me. Instead, I was at the library while everyone else was watching my T-25 ranked football team 5 minutes down the road in the stadium. And while everyone was at beaches during spring break looking at half naked women all day, I was reading books at the library and daydreaming on a daily basis about giving myself a shot at getting a thick envelope from Harvard Law School.

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:48 am

bizzybone1313 wrote:And while everyone was at beaches during spring break looking at half naked women all day, I was reading books at the library and daydreaming on a daily basis about giving myself a shot at getting a thick envelope from Harvard Law School.
--ImageRemoved--

laww

Bronze

Post by laww » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:49 am

ManoftheHour wrote:

I studied CS and I have a 3.2 (3.0 LSAC GPA). Take Calc 1 - 3 with no curve. Class average was a 68. I ended up with a C+. No curve.

Take classes like Linux Kernel. Get owned. End up with a B. 2nd highest grade in class. Lol 3k lines of code? Scrub.

Take Linux Kernel II. Get owned more. End up with a B+ and recommendation from an executive (of IT) of one of the largest insurance companies in the world.

Take advanced networking. WTF IS THIS MATH. End up with a B. Be one of a handful of people out of maybe 30 students to finish the final project.

Worst part is that with my "mediocre" GPA I was getting interviews with big name companies. Law schools on the other hand look at me like I'm a moron. I repeated one class and that was because in my first 1.5 years of college I had terrible medical issues and I ended up not going to one class because it was 3 hours long in the morning and I would get physically sick. I got a D in it and I Retook and got an A.

If I knew I would be interested in doing law I would have gone to a liberal arts college and studied poetry or something.

My friend went to another college where they had curves and he has a 3.7 GPA in CS. I am so sad :< The only class I recall that had a curve was accounting... lol...

you'rethemannowdawg

Bronze

Post by you'rethemannowdawg » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:26 pm

TheCurrantThyme wrote:2.7/177 Still in Undergrad. No WE. Non-URM.

Any prayer at T14?
Any Scholly from T30?
Any Additional Advice?
You have a shot at some T14s if you can get up above a 3.0. At a 2.7 you have almost no chance unless you work for a few years and apply to NU.

Good chance of scholarships from UMN and WUSTL.

Focus on getting your grades up. Nothing you can do in UG at this point will help you more than getting straight As until you graduate.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:34 pm

laww wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:

I studied CS and I have a 3.2 (3.0 LSAC GPA). Take Calc 1 - 3 with no curve. Class average was a 68. I ended up with a C+. No curve.

Take classes like Linux Kernel. Get owned. End up with a B. 2nd highest grade in class. Lol 3k lines of code? Scrub.

Take Linux Kernel II. Get owned more. End up with a B+ and recommendation from an executive (of IT) of one of the largest insurance companies in the world.

Take advanced networking. WTF IS THIS MATH. End up with a B. Be one of a handful of people out of maybe 30 students to finish the final project.

Worst part is that with my "mediocre" GPA I was getting interviews with big name companies. Law schools on the other hand look at me like I'm a moron. I repeated one class and that was because in my first 1.5 years of college I had terrible medical issues and I ended up not going to one class because it was 3 hours long in the morning and I would get physically sick. I got a D in it and I Retook and got an A.

If I knew I would be interested in doing law I would have gone to a liberal arts college and studied poetry or something.

My friend went to another college where they had curves and he has a 3.7 GPA in CS. I am so sad :< The only class I recall that had a curve was accounting... lol...
Oh, so your GPA isn't sub-3.0... that changes things. Keep it above a 3.0 and ED NU.

radar714

Bronze

Post by radar714 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:05 pm

if you're still in UG...just don't graduate. Seriously, keep your graduation requirement at bay and just take a bunch of classes at a community college for like 1 year and bring it up to a 3.0+.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:12 pm

PRgradBYU wrote:Oh, so your GPA isn't sub-3.0... that changes things. Keep it above a 3.0 and ED NU.
You post way too much to be this uninformed about NU ED. Also, that wasn't OP you were responding to.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:10 pm

Cobretti wrote:
PRgradBYU wrote:Oh, so your GPA isn't sub-3.0... that changes things. Keep it above a 3.0 and ED NU.
You post way too much to be this uninformed about NU ED. Also, that wasn't OP you were responding to.
THANK YOU

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:31 pm

Cobretti wrote:
Good to know.

TheCurrantThyme

New

Post by TheCurrantThyme » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:49 pm

radar714 wrote:if you're still in UG...just don't graduate. Seriously, keep your graduation requirement at bay and just take a bunch of classes at a community college for like 1 year and bring it up to a 3.0+.

OP here. Thanks for the replies. Will this really work? I only have a few credit hours left, so won't law schools view this negatively?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:59 pm

TheCurrantThyme wrote:
radar714 wrote:if you're still in UG...just don't graduate. Seriously, keep your graduation requirement at bay and just take a bunch of classes at a community college for like 1 year and bring it up to a 3.0+.

OP here. Thanks for the replies. Will this really work? I only have a few credit hours left, so won't law schools view this negatively?
None of the schools you are targeting would care. HYS might, but thats not gonna happen anyway.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:33 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:

This. If I knew that I could easily crank out a LSAT score like that, it would have been models, bottles and keggers all during undergrad for me. Instead, I was at the library while everyone else was watching my T-25 ranked football team 5 minutes down the road in the stadium. And while everyone was at beaches during spring break looking at half naked women all day, I was reading books at the library and daydreaming on a daily basis about giving myself a shot at getting a thick envelope from Harvard Law School.
That was me sophomore year. Then I got a girlfriend and it all went downhill from there.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “What are my chances?”