Where can I get in at? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
TheBenMatlock

New

Where can I get in at?

Post by TheBenMatlock » Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:54 am

I took the December LSAT and scored 176, my UGPA is 3.67 from Wake Forest. Unfortunately, all I have is my GPA and LSAT score. Where can I get in at with these numbers alone. I wish I had gone on some missionary trips to Africa or South America but there is nothing I can do about it now.

Should I take the year off and try to build my list of extracurricular activity?

DocHawkeye

Silver

Re: Where can I get in at?

Post by DocHawkeye » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:03 am

Most of law school admissions is a numbers game, so you'll probably get in where your number say you will get in. A few law schools seem to like weighty resumes (Northwestern comes to mind), but I wouldn't stress about it. One year isn't enough to do anything meaningful anyhow - adding a crap entry-level job to your resume isn't going to impress anyone. Many of you classmates will be K-JD's just like you and nobody will care.

Gator_Bait

New

Post by Gator_Bait » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:22 am

PRgradBYU

Silver

Post by PRgradBYU » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:12 am

Enjoy lawschoolnumbers.com.

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:05 am

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:21 pm

DocHawkeye wrote:Most of law school admissions is a numbers game, so you'll probably get in where your number say you will get in. A few law schools seem to like weighty resumes (Northwestern comes to mind), but I wouldn't stress about it. One year isn't enough to do anything meaningful anyhow - adding a crap entry-level job to your resume isn't going to impress anyone. Many of you classmates will be K-JD's just like you and nobody will care.
this is probably one of the best posts i've read on TLS

seriously, he nails it when he says that 1-2 years of experience at a shit job will not impress anyone. Like adcoms will care that you did desk work. Any peasant with a B.A can do that shit.

Solistus

Bronze

Post by Solistus » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:57 pm

LSAT and GPA are far more important than anything else. Congrats on an excellent LSAT score!

With those numbers, if you apply early and write a decent personal statement, you might have a shot at H/S, you have good odds at CCN, and you're basically a lock everywhere else. You should probably have at least a couple decent $$ offers from T14s if you apply to all of them.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:08 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:Like adcoms will care that you did desk work. Any peasant with a B.A can do that shit.
Truth. I didn't like my old job so I found a new desk job in two days. I don't get why people are unemployed...my resume is crap.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:07 pm

ManoftheHour wrote: I don't get why people are unemployed...my resume is crap.

It's because you actually hustle and don't just sit on your coach waiting for a job to appear.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Solistus wrote:
With those numbers, if you apply early and write a decent personal statement, you might have a shot at H/S, you have good odds at CCN, and you're basically a lock everywhere else.

This. Less people are applying to law school and less and less are taking the LSAT. High LSAT scores are a rare commodity now.

you're golden. congrats on the hard work you put into studying for that test.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”