Low Undergrad/Semi-Decent LSAT URM Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Dr. Dre

Gold

Re: Low Undergrad/Semi-Decent LSAT URM

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:47 am

John_rizzy_rawls wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Intense 3-4 month studying is TCR. If you can put in the hours go for June, if not October.
How many hours per week would be a bit more helpful for OP.
Depends on the person and prior prep and familiarity with the test. 15-20 hours a week as a base commitment to scoring above 165 would be a good starting point. Though depending on your weaknesses and strengths this could be insufficient or overkill.
15-20 hours a week is good.

bluebean24

New

Post by bluebean24 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 am

Thanks all for the replies. I'm going to start today putting in the 15-20 hours a week study plan into motion. Looking at my score now, I think I'll aim for a 167, so the score will average out to a 163, that's got to be good for at least Fordham. As for potential LSAT dates, I'm going to base it on my performance on practice tests like PRgradBYU suggested. Thanks Dr.Dre and eav1277 for the suggestions on Test prep, NoodleyOne's guide is really helpful.

I'v been out of school since last June, does it matter that my recs came from my school? Should I update them? And should I change my resume to not include softs? I always thought that was a strong part of my app. I was a VP for the SGA and held leadership on the district level of a community service organization.

Edit: 172 LSAT goal
Last edited by bluebean24 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dr. Dre

Gold

Post by Dr. Dre » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:50 am

bluebean24 wrote:I think I'll aim for a 167
No. Aim for 170+ and nothing less when you study.

toothbrush

Gold

Post by toothbrush » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:45 am

bluebean24 wrote:I'v been out of school since last June, does it matter that my recs came from my school?

Should I update them?
And should I change my resume to not include softs?
I always thought that was a strong part of my app. I was a VP for the SGA and held leadership on the district level of a community service organization.
No - they need to be
Not necessarily unless you think you can get another stronger ACADEMIC rec (keep in mind you need 2 ACADEMIC)
Up to you IMO. If you haven't done anything stellar since UG but did good shit in UG leave it but include 1 thing from june to now that you've done.
Congrats

bluebean24

New

Post by bluebean24 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 pm

toothbrush wrote:
bluebean24 wrote:I'v been out of school since last June, does it matter that my recs came from my school?

Should I update them?
And should I change my resume to not include softs?
I always thought that was a strong part of my app. I was a VP for the SGA and held leadership on the district level of a community service organization.
No - they need to be
Not necessarily unless you think you can get another stronger ACADEMIC rec (keep in mind you need 2 ACADEMIC)
Up to you IMO. If you haven't done anything stellar since UG but did good shit in UG leave it but include 1 thing from june to now that you've done.
Congrats
Okey dokes, thanks! I guess I can mention the job I work now on my resume, I'm an assistant dean at a school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”