4.13/171 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Rahviveh

Gold

Re: 4.13/171

Post by Rahviveh » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:43 pm

az21833 wrote:Sorry in advance for hijacking this thread but maybe hearing how I am thinking through things will help with your decision making process.

I'm in same boat, or actually worse boat, as Wert and OP as I have a 171 and a 4.

my dream is H though, with no real desire to move to california for S and lack of brilliance for Y.

I decided to apply this cycle because I think I have about a 50% chance at H as it is. If i get in, I go. If I don't I wait a cycle, retake in June or October and reapply hopefully with 173 and 4 and get in. At least that was the plan before i got this uva full ride...

Any advice on whether this is the right away to approach it? Should i even be applying this cycle? Should i just run with uva?
Relax and wait for other schools to chime in. H or CCN with a smaller scholly could be a justifiably better choice for you over UVA with a full ride depending on your career goals. Either way you're going to have great options

alacrity

New

Re: 4.13/171

Post by alacrity » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:21 pm

az21833 wrote:I'm in same boat, or actually worse boat, as Wert and OP as I have a 171 and a 4.
Is there a significant difference between the strength of a 4.0 and a 4.13? I know that most people cannot earn above 4.0 due to the grading system of their school, and I thought that would be considered in the admissions process.

Also, when I put my exact numbers into mylsn and exclude URMs, it states that over the last 6 cycles 67 were accepted to H with numbers worse than mine, while 2 were rejected with better. Do those statistics have much significance as far as my current chances are concerned?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”