Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Icculus

Silver

Re: Shoot me now! 2.37/143 l Long read

Post by Icculus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:11 am

noob4lyfe wrote:
Washington is a great state. I've visited it myself. Went on vacay to see the White House and Pentagon etc. Museums Galore. All in all. A wonderful place to spend a 3 year term.

Okay, I am now calling flame. No way this is serious. Please, please, please tell me this is not serious.

ze2151

Bronze

Post by ze2151 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:16 am

assuming op isn't a flame- give it up. you will never get a good outcome. even if you get the gig you want, you'll never pay the debt back. let the dream die.

and don't come back saying this post is motivating you to prove the doubters wrong. you won't. do something else with your life. sell something. seriously. apply for a small business loan and roll the dice selling hamburgers. if you fail, so what, discharge the debt in bankruptcy. the u.s. has pretty favorable bk laws in that instance because in this country we want to encourage entrepreneurship. if you flame out in law school, and you will, you will never be able to get out from under the debt. you will become an even worse version of jdpainterguy. and i don't want that to happen to you. you deserve better.

Meepo

New

Post by Meepo » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 am

ze2151 wrote:assuming op isn't a flame- give it up. you will never get a good outcome. even if you get the gig you want, you'll never pay the debt back. let the dream die.

and don't come back saying this post is motivating you to prove the doubters wrong. you won't. do something else with your life. sell something. seriously. apply for a small business loan and roll the dice selling hamburgers. if you fail, so what, discharge the debt in bankruptcy. the u.s. has pretty favorable bk laws in that instance because in this country we want to encourage entrepreneurship. if you flame out in law school, and you will, you will never be able to get out from under the debt. you will become an even worse version of jdpainterguy. and i don't want that to happen to you. you deserve better.
well, do share the story of jdpainterguy

bizzybone1313

Silver

Post by bizzybone1313 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:05 am

manofjustice wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:I don't understand why on almost every thread I have produced you guys immediately and loudly proclaimed I was a troll. But with this guy, you aren't doing the same. With his numbers, OP should be smart enough to know that trying to attend law school is a bad idea. My threads posed and discussed questions that a lot of people care about in selecting a school.
troll.
I appreciate it. That makes me feel better. You guys have hurt my feelings in the past, especially since I am not a troll. :lol:

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:25 am

dingbat wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
dingbat wrote:Honestly, I think you could probably get a 140 just by going C, C, C, C, C, right down the line
If you're just going to troll topics instead of legitimately discuss them, then mods seriously need to consider banning you.

Your statement above has been said numerous times. It really needs to be stopped when there is a serious poster. Did you not learn anything from the other thread you bungled up? Seriously.
I am serious. going C straight down the line means getting about a 5th correct, let's say 17-23. Depending on the curve, this means about a 135-144 LSAT
I also don't troll the on-topics.
You typically post pretty good advice but this is highly offensive--especially something easily verifiable as looking at score conversion charts.

The upper bound for PTs 55-68 for getting 17-23 questions right was a score band between 123 and 128.

Just the idea that you believe you could score better than people in the 140s by christmas-treeing is pretty bold and way off-base.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

suralin

Diamond

Post by suralin » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:50 am

noob4lyfe wrote:
Englander742 wrote:If you can make it to 166 or so, WUSTL would be in play. It's not a perfect school, but it sounds like you're a hard worker and a talented fundraiser, so with a good resume you could probably get a good job.
Washington is a great state. I've visited it myself. Went on vacay to see the White House and Pentagon etc. Museums Galore. All in all. A wonderful place to spend a 3 year term.
What the fuck this can't be serious.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:01 pm

OP, if you are real, you should either give up or retake in June and apply in August. Read these: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=200917
(noodley is my favorite)

Hang out here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=198695

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:12 pm

Meepo wrote:
ze2151 wrote:assuming op isn't a flame- give it up. you will never get a good outcome. even if you get the gig you want, you'll never pay the debt back. let the dream die.

He's over 300k in debt, 48 years old, and paints houses for a living (which might be okay if he weren't getting too old to do that and didn't have so much debt). He also allowed his entire identity to be absorbed with being a law school debtor. Oh, and his wife left him and he lives with his parents.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:16 pm

cahwc12 wrote:
dingbat wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:
dingbat wrote:Honestly, I think you could probably get a 140 just by going C, C, C, C, C, right down the line
If you're just going to troll topics instead of legitimately discuss them, then mods seriously need to consider banning you.

Your statement above has been said numerous times. It really needs to be stopped when there is a serious poster. Did you not learn anything from the other thread you bungled up? Seriously.
I am serious. going C straight down the line means getting about a 5th correct, let's say 17-23. Depending on the curve, this means about a 135-144 LSAT
I also don't troll the on-topics.
You typically post pretty good advice but this is highly offensive--especially something easily verifiable as looking at score conversion charts.

The upper bound for PTs 55-68 for getting 17-23 questions right was a score band between 123 and 128.

Just the idea that you believe you could score better than people in the 140s by christmas-treeing is pretty bold and way off-base.
Tso much butthurt from this poaster.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:25 pm

cahwc12 wrote:The upper bound for PTs 55-68 for getting 17-23 questions right was a score band between 123 and 128.
I just did the math on the Dec 2012 test. Marking "C" for every question would have nabbed a 134.

noob4lyfe

New

Post by noob4lyfe » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:46 pm

dingbat wrote:
TripTrip wrote:
dingbat wrote:WUSTL is in St Louis
That, and the White House and Pentagon aren't in Washington State. :lol:
I'm beginning to understand the 2.37/143
Still can't wrap my head around the tutoring part

reminds me of this
By the way, I'm Canadian.

Assumptions always lead to problems. I've learned at least that much by writing the LSAT.

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:58 pm

cinephile wrote:
Meepo wrote:

He's over 300k in debt, 48 years old, and paints houses for a living (which might be okay if he weren't getting too old to do that and didn't have so much debt). He also allowed his entire identity to be absorbed with being a law school debtor. Oh, and his wife left him and he lives with his parents.
Damn, life's not so bad after all.

OP, you've got 6 months to learn Spanish and head down to the Carib. for law school. You could set up a hurricane disaster relief fund and have some honey on the beach help you translate your law books.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:Assumptions always lead to problems. I've learned at least that much by writing the LSAT.
:lol:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

noob4lyfe

New

Post by noob4lyfe » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:14 pm

Nova wrote:OP, if you are real, you should either give up or retake in June and apply in August. Read these: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=200917
(noodley is my favorite)

Hang out here: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=198695
Appreciate the links. Going to be moving on.

I believe the general consensus is to retake the Lsat. In addition, work experience will boost my application.

These T14 schools that everyone is advocating isn't the only way to get a decent job. Law firm's are similar to tutoring company's. Reputation based. If you can satisfy your client's, you will receive business. I've had experience with that and would love to replicate those skills in practicing Law.

In terms of applying, which schools do you recommend(given my situation)?

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:In terms of applying, which schools do you recommend(given my situation)?
I recommend not applying.

You would be paying full tuition at a TTTT. No one should do that.

JamesDean1955

Silver

Post by JamesDean1955 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:25 pm

dingbat wrote:
Meepo wrote:hmmm can anyone provide some statistics on how strong is the correlation between lsat and later job prospect/salary?
Here's a correlation of LSAT to Law school: http://www.top-law-schools.com/rankings.html
Here are two different methodologies for correlating law school to job prospects:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub ... d3c&gid=11
http://www.lstscorereports.com/?r=other
What's the source and time period for the google docs spreadsheet you linked here? I've seen multiple good docs on employment outcomes that all seem to be different.

Shmoopy

Bronze

Post by Shmoopy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:27 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:

I believe the general consensus is to retake the Lsat. In addition, work experience will boost my application.

These T14 schools that everyone is advocating isn't the only way to get a decent job. Law firm's are similar to tutoring company's. Reputation based. If you can satisfy your client's, you will receive business. I've had experience with that and would love to replicate those skills in practicing Law.

Until you retake and get a better LSAT score, the only school recommendation is no school at all. Seriously. No school that will accept you right now is even worth going to for free.

You will not satisfy any clients ever unless 1) you can get a job in the first place, which would be exceedingly difficult from any school that will accept people with your numbers, and 2) you learn how to use apostrophes. What client will want documents that have typos in every sentence?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:37 pm

99% of a practicing attorney's day is that of a professional writer. OP's perpetual misuse of apostrophes makes me think the personal statement may also be an issue for admission.

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:40 pm

NonTradHealthLaw wrote:99% of a practicing attorney's day is that of a professional writer. OP's perpetual misuse of apostrophes makes me think the personal statement may also be an issue for admission.
Yeah that personal statement is a real concern atm lol.

Dude, Appalachian School of Law might take you this round. You can do Hick Law. They give zero fucks about apostrophe's.

noob4lyfe

New

Post by noob4lyfe » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Shmoopy wrote:
noob4lyfe wrote:

Until you retake and get a better LSAT score, the only school recommendation is no school at all. Seriously. No school that will accept you right now is even worth going to for free.

You will not satisfy any clients ever unless 1) you can get a job in the first place, which would be exceedingly difficult from any school that will accept people with your numbers, and 2) you learn how to use apostrophes. What client will want documents that have typos in every sentence?
From what I've read, each school weighs GPA/LSAT differently.

With a score of 170 (for example), which schools would be within an acceptable range?

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:14 pm

noob4lyfe wrote:With a score of 170 (for example), which schools would be within an acceptable range?
NU, GULC, T30s, Regionals with scholarships.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:15 pm

Nova wrote:
noob4lyfe wrote:With a score of 170 (for example), which schools would be within an acceptable range?
With a 2.37 GPA?

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:22 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Nova wrote:
With a 2.37 GPA?
T30s like UMN/WUSTL/W&L Indiana are realistic. UMN and WUSTL dont give a fuck.

Theres very little data for that split on LSN, but I would throw an app to NU/GULC, even though admission would be unlikely. Youre right though, IGF. NU/GULC are not really "in range". More like Hail Marys.
Last edited by Nova on Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shmoopy

Bronze

Post by Shmoopy » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:26 pm

noob4lyfe wrote: From what I've read, each school weighs GPA/LSAT differently.
What do you mean by differently? LSAT and GPA are the two most important factors at every school, by a pretty large margin. Don't believe whatever the schools themselves say about the admissions process on their websites. They are being intentionally vague.

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:27 pm

Shmoopy wrote:
noob4lyfe wrote: From what I've read, each school weighs GPA/LSAT differently.
What do you mean by differently? LSAT and GPA are the two most important factors at every school, by a pretty large margin. Don't believe whatever the schools themselves say about the admissions process on their websites. They are being intentionally vague.
Some schools prefer high GPAs and some prefer higher LSATs. A splitter has less of a chance at Berkeley or Duke than he does at NW or GULC for this reason.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”