I applied to 35 schools. Any 1 care to give me a prediction. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mdass

New

I applied to 35 schools. Any 1 care to give me a prediction.

Post by mdass » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:52 am

Yes i know my score is low this is my second time taking the last. the first time i scored a 135 my second lsat score was 139. I just finish applying to 35 law schools. Can any 1 predict if i will get into any of them. I am 25 African American Female. GPA 3.3. I graduate rutgers university with a BA in Psychology. I really would like people that are negative to ignore this trend. I know i did bad i dont need people to bring down my self esteem. Thanks I appreciate your time. I applied to all schools part- time these are the list of schools i applied to.

The University of Akron School of Law

Appalachian School of Law
University of Arkansas School of Law
University of Arkansas at Little Rock, William H. Bowen School of Law
Atlanta's John Marshall Law School
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law
Baylor University School of Law
California Western School of Law
City University of New York School of Law
Cleveland State University--Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
University of Colorado Law School

University of Denver Sturm College of Law
University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
Florida A&M University Fall 2008 -

Florida International University, College of Law
Florida Coastal School of Law

Golden Gate University School of Law

University of La Verne College of Law
Liberty University School of Law
Mercer University--Walter F. George School of Law

Mississippi College School of Law ;

New York Law School
Nova Southeastern University--Shepard Broad Law Center

University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law

St. Mary's University School of Law
St. Thomas University School of Law

The University of South Dakota School of Law
South Texas College of Law
Southern Illinois University School of Law
Southern University Law Center

Texas Southern University--Thurgood Marshall School of Law
The Thomas M. Cooley Law School
Thomas Jefferson School of Law

Valparaiso University School of Law

Whittier Law School

Trez

New

Post by Trez » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:54 pm

You have a chance at Appalachian, Florida AM, Liberty, Mississippi, Nova Southeastern, and Southern.

It all depends on how much affirmative action comes into play for you.

MTal

Silver

Post by MTal » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:59 pm

I'm thinking law school might possibly not be for you.

Gametime

New

Post by Gametime » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:03 pm

Congrats on improving your lsat score! You have a decent gpa but as you probably know your lsat score is really bad. I think it will be very hard for you to get in to many schools with your lsat score. I'm not saying it's impossible just that many schools will turn you down simply bc your lsat score. No one will be able to predict if you have a shot at any bc that lsat score is so low. Why don't you spend the next 6weeks studying and retake the lsat in Feb? With the schools that you are looking at if you could raise your score to 150-155ish you would be in them with scholarship money.

best of luck.

Giggs5019

New

Post by Giggs5019 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:33 pm

Coming from Texas, I think you might have a chance at Texas Southern University.

I wish you the best of luck.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TallerLawyer

New

getting in

Post by TallerLawyer » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:00 pm

there is a website out there, maybe in connection with lsac.org not sure, but it allows you to put in your gpa and lsat score and gives you % of your possibility of getting into a aba approved school. check the website of lsac and princeton review and it could lead you to that website, best of luck

Son of Cicero

Bronze

Post by Son of Cicero » Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:10 pm

I applied to 35 schools. Any 1 care to give me a prediction.
I predict that you experience persistent money problems caused by unwise spending habits.

kaladek

New

Post by kaladek » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:32 pm

Son of Cicero wrote:I predict that you experience persistent money problems caused by unwise spending habits.
:lol:

Prize24

New

Post by Prize24 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:22 pm

I think the best thing to do to predict ur chances would be to go to lawschoolnumbers.com and click on the "Search Applications" link. There, u can put in a GPA range, lsat score range, and URM status and select a school and see if there are individuals with ur numbers who got into each of the schools on ur list in previous cycles. Best of luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

neskerdoo

Silver

Post by neskerdoo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:29 pm

I think the best thing to do to predict ur chances would be to go to lawschoolnumbers.com and click on the "Search Applications" link. There, u can put in a GPA range, lsat score range, and URM status and select a school and see if there are individuals with ur numbers who got into each of the schools on ur list in previous cycles. Best of luck!
This is unlikely to yield much of a sample, if I had to guess...

Sammyler

New

Post by Sammyler » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:37 pm

I just want to go on record as saying I think this post is a joke.

35 schools?

That 2000 dollars in application fees would have been better used on an LSAT Tutor, who would have definitely gotten you a better score than 139, which is like 37 questions right.

lawyergirl

New

Post by lawyergirl » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:38 pm

Hi guys! I am new this message board but seeking advice as well. I had a low undergrad gpa. less 3.0 But I explained in an a separate essay. I was in fosterare when I statred college. When i was 21 i had to leave the system and find my own apartment in NYC. The stresses of aging out and being on my own started to get the bet of me. Which lead to me being placed on probation TWICE and taking a leave of abscence to get my life together. I returned to school graduating then obtained an internship with Hllary Clinton right after graduatio.

In addition I've done a lot of volunteer work with The Adminstration for Children Services, and have done a lot of advocating on behalf of foster children. In the past I've also interned for my council in the bx. What what do you guys think are of my chances are getting into a "decent" school?? Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated. Oh and Ive worked for very prestigous law firm for the past 6 years. Thanks guys!

Gametime

New

Post by Gametime » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:38 pm

^harsh but true. I don't think you will get into many schools with that lsat score. How hard did you study? Even if you got into these schools you would probably not get financial aid. Don't put yourself in this position. Your targets are already law schools that don't have a good reputation. With a 3.3gpa you should be able to do better on that lsat by studying. If you could score in the 150s you would get into all those schools with a scholarship (of course I would then advise you to choose schools with a better reputation. Study harder and it will pay off.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

HalfManHalfAmazing

New

Re:

Post by HalfManHalfAmazing » Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:35 am

Sammyler wrote:I just want to go on record as saying I think this post is a joke.

35 schools?

That 2000 dollars in application fees would have been better used on an LSAT Tutor, who would have definitely gotten you a better score than 139, which is like 37 questions right.
I've applied to 31 law schools. No joke. When you have a bad factor (Grades, LSAT, you did time), you gotta apply homey! Homey is the approved spelling according to my spell checker. I would have gone with homie).

Oklahoma Mike

Bronze

Re: I applied to 35 schools. Any 1 care to give me a prediction.

Post by Oklahoma Mike » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:40 am

Well, with a fee waiver from LSAC most schools give one as well. Assuming all the schools gave waivers then it would be more like $500. Although, that's still a good chunk of change and could have been better spent on an lsat course.

I think the OP will actually get into a few of these programs (assuming she is real) if she is just applying to PT programs.
In:
Cooley
Appalachian
Detroit Mercy
Florida A&M

Other than that there may be a couple of wait lists but I doubt it.
The thing that makes me doubt the reality of this post and that it's probably just a flame is that I don't think all of those schools even have part time programs. According to US News CUNY and Mercer don't have part time students. (There may be other schools on her list that don't but I didn't check) Maybe they've changed that or just not reported all their info- but it does seem a bit strange.

crys1925

New

Post by crys1925 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:03 pm

It's difficult to predict because the graphs on LSN don't go lower than a 140 (I guess they assume it's not possible to get in with a lower score) but I'll give it a shot. The URM thing helps, but I'm not sure how much. It's hard to predict part time programs as well...but the ones where I put a possible waitlist are the ones I think you have a shot (granted, a long shot) at.

The University of Akron School of Law - OUT
Appalachian School of Law - OUT
University of Arkansas School of Law - OUT
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - OUT
Atlanta's John Marshall Law School - OUT
Barry University Dwayne O. Andreas School of Law - OUT
Baylor University School of Law - OUT
California Western School of Law - OUT or WL
City University of New York School of Law (never heard of this school)
Cleveland State University - OUT
University of Colorado Law School - OUT
University of Denver Sturm College of Law - OUT
University of Detroit Mercy School of Law - OUT or WL
Florida A&M University - OUT or WL
Florida International University, College of Law - OUT
Florida Coastal School of Law - OUT
Golden Gate University School of Law - OUT
University of La Verne College of Law - OUT or WL
Liberty University School of Law (never heard of this school)
Mercer University - OUT
Mississippi College School of Law - OUT
New York Law School - OUT
Nova Southeastern University - OUT or WL
University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law - OUT
St. Mary's University School of Law - OUT or WL
St. Thomas University School of Law - OUT or WL
The University of South Dakota School of Law - OUT or WL
South Texas College of Law - OUT or WL
Southern Illinois University School of Law - OUT or WL
Southern University Law Center - OUT or WL
Texas Southern University - OUT or WL
The Thomas M. Cooley Law School - OUT or WL
Thomas Jefferson School of Law - OUT
Valparaiso University School of Law - OUT
Whittier Law School - OUT or WL

If it's an option, I would consider retaking the LSAT. Even if you could get it up to a 145, it would make a huge difference, being an African American female. If you really don't think you can improve your LSAT any further, then apply if you like, but I think you'll be incredibly disappointed with the results. If you can take the LSAT again, study really hard and bump it 5 - 10 points and you will start seeing offers from lower-ranked schools.

tamtam

New

Post by tamtam » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:09 pm

Well.. I applied to 15, and 3 were free.
I spend well over 1000 *sigh*

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

stavand

New

Post by stavand » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:10 pm

My prediction is that you won't have enough money left to pay for law school.

cc0800

New

Post by cc0800 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:27 pm

flame...likely 'lawcareer'

slbowman

New

Post by slbowman » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:52 am

I graduated with a 2.8 or 2.9 in Economics. My LSAT score was high 150's. I got in to every law school I applied to including LSU, John Marshall and UALR - Bowen Law where I decided to go to based on scholarships and family.

Right now I am paying less than 5k a semester, and this will only go down. If one component is less than stellar then... big deal. I don't know if this is a joke, but if you are serious then throw down on an LSAT book and get a 150.

I didn't even bring the right stuff to the LSAT I read so little on it, but I prepared for the GRE and it showed with the score. (It was respectable; considering my LSAT average.) I'm sure there are some techniques you can use to pull a 140 to a 150. The LAST place I thought I'd be is law school. The LSAT was sponsored through school for me and I blitzed through it because it was annoying. I never thought I'd make a decent score. It's not about what you know at all; just breaking information down and communicating it.

Don't let anyone lead you astray; if this is what you want to do then do it.

I go snowboarding near app state. It's a small town with a fairly friendly scene but is a little backwards on racial sensibilities due to its being in the mountains. They let everyone in.

30 is excessive. Streamline your thoughts and focus on one (have a few safeties). Look at the reqs and shoot for that. Have a specific goal and make it; you simply can't with 30 options.

I registered here to post this as it came up in a search and most of the people on these forums are punks who are not helpful.

Take care,
-s

Diamond

Post by 20160810 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:06 am

Flame

But if not, best of luck and try retaking the LSAT.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

markakis

New

Re:

Post by markakis » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:09 am

MTal wrote:I'm thinking law school might possibly not be for you.
She specifically asked for your kind to NOT post a reply.

AlexnDubai

New

Post by AlexnDubai » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:48 am

Uh, flamin hot in here

lollypotter

New

Post by lollypotter » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:52 am

I don't think this is flame but I can understand why people do think that, and the negative responses.

Gators08

New

Re: Re:

Post by Gators08 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:46 am

markakis wrote:
MTal wrote:I'm thinking law school might possibly not be for you.
She specifically asked for your kind to NOT post a reply.
Ok, so she wants realistic answers, but she doesn't want to hear the answer that there's a strong possibility that any single one of the schools will reject her and by luck she'll probably get into one or two but should really do a cost-benefit analysis before committing that kind of money to attending that quality school?

Well, then she's being shockingly unrealistic. The right answer is, retake the LSAT or reconsider law school.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”