Michigan specific case...enlighten me! Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
megagnarley

Bronze

Michigan specific case...enlighten me!

Post by megagnarley » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:18 pm

Hey guys.

Looking for advice based on those who are familiar with Mich.

I have a 169/3.64 on file right now, but I also retook the Dec LSAT. There is a chance I did better on the Dec test but also a chance that I did worse as I am awful at judging post LSAT performance, and so for many schools (USC/UCLA/Cornell etc.) I've submitted my apps and asked them to flag it for review now rather than waiting for the Dec score (most have obliged), thereby mitigating the risk of a lower score and getting my app in earlier.

With my numbers, am I an auto-ding for Mich? And if you were me, would you submit now and tell them to mark it complete or wait and hope for a better score?

Graciasssss amigos

TripTrip

Gold

Re: Michigan specific case...enlighten me!

Post by TripTrip » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:36 pm

megagnarley wrote:With my numbers, am I an auto-ding for Mich?
Probably, but wait for your score. You've got a chance if you broke into the 99th.

foosbol21

Bronze

Post by foosbol21 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19 pm

TripTrip wrote:
Probably, but wait for your score. You've got a chance if you broke into the 99th.
I kind of hope you're kidding here.

OP, your numbers are fine. I just did this myLSN search here, and you're at a 61% chance of admittance with a solid number of data points. At the very least, that puts you in the range where the admissions office will take an even closer look at your app, not auto-ding you, IMO. Still, I hope the retake ends up in your favor! Good luck!

And in case I'm misinterpreting your question somehow: is there really a risk that admissions committees will hassle you about updating your score after the Dec. LSAT once you go into review? I was an ED app to Mich, so I just don't know the process for updating LSAT scores that well.

M458

Bronze

Post by M458 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:33 pm

The schools automatically get the December LSAT score a day after we do. I'm sure they can very easily and very quickly update your file.

TripTrip

Gold

Post by TripTrip » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 pm

foosbol21 wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

OP, your numbers are fine. I just did this myLSN search here, and you're at a 61% chance of admittance with a solid number of data points.
That's my bad. I read OP's numbers as 3.4 instead of 3.64.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

foosbol21

Bronze

Post by foosbol21 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:41 pm

TripTrip wrote:That's my bad. I read OP's numbers as 3.4 instead of 3.64.
No worries. FWIW though, I'm not even sure OP would be an autoding at 3.4 either. S/He is still at the LSAT median, and two people with those numbers are already in this cycle per LSN. Looks like both might have some impressive/unique softs, but still...

megagnarley

Bronze

Post by megagnarley » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:53 pm

foosbol21 wrote:
TripTrip wrote:

OP, your numbers are fine. I just did this myLSN search here, and you're at a 61% chance of admittance with a solid number of data points. At the very least, that puts you in the range where the admissions office will take an even closer look at your app, not auto-ding you, IMO. Still, I hope the retake ends up in your favor! Good luck!

And in case I'm misinterpreting your question somehow: is there really a risk that admissions committees will hassle you about updating your score after the Dec. LSAT once you go into review? I was an ED app to Mich, so I just don't know the process for updating LSAT scores that well.
Thanks for the detailed response.

I was leaning toward submitting right now in any case, just because if my score is no better I feel like I'm losing a lot of ground if I wait a month so this confirms my decision.

Any FWIW, they do have the score in either case. Some schools, though, will start looking at your file now and may even make a decision before seeing the Dec score if you ask them not to hold it.

Hope you got your ED.

nebula666

Silver

Post by nebula666 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:08 pm

I would be pretty surprised if you got rejected from Michigan, especially this cycle. The very worst you are looking at (unless you wrote "fuck you" as your personal statement) is a wailist.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”