157(Practice)/3.81 GPA. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
roshambo

New

157(Practice)/3.81 GPA.

Post by roshambo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I took my first LSAT Prep-Test today and did not do so hot on the logic games, I killed myself there. Just looking to get an idea overall where I stand at the moment as far as where I might reasonably have a shot of being accepted. (Any of the T14? A respectable regional T-1 or T-2? If not, what sort of school am I looking at?).

Not sure if this has any bearing but I received my degree from UMUC, I accomplished much of it while deployed, 3.81 GPA, multiple years on the Deans List and member of Psi Chi, and Sigma Alpha Lambda Honor Societies.

Prior-Enlisted serviceman with 4 years active duty, current Army National Guard Officer Candidate training to become a Second Lieutenant.

Multiple high level LOR's, one from a Brigadier General showcasing leadership ability and ability to work well academically in a high-tempo deployed environment, however this LOR was recommending me for Officer training (May or may not be applicable to Law School Admission).

24 year old white male, I live in south-florida, any FL schools worth going to where I might have a decent chance? I looked at the Calc and it was somewhat inconclusive, I thought it would be worth finding out if my softs are worth anything in the Law School Admissions world.

My practice LSAT score is lacking right now, it was the first time I took the test, and I took it cold. I have ordered more preparatory material and will work on raising my practice scores. I am reading law School Confidential, bought 10 Official LSAT prep tests, and did my first prep test out of the LSAT Super Prep.

Let me know what you all think, I appreciate the time and assistance.

V/R
Rosh.

SEngland

Bronze

Re: 157(Practice)/3.81 GPA.

Post by SEngland » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:04 pm

roshambo wrote:Ladies and Gentlemen,

I took my first LSAT Prep-Test today and did not do so hot on the logic games, I killed myself there. Just looking to get an idea overall where I stand at the moment as far as where I might reasonably have a shot of being accepted. (Any of the T14? A respectable regional T-1 or T-2? If not, what sort of school am I looking at?).

Not sure if this has any bearing but I received my degree from UMUC, I accomplished much of it while deployed, 3.81 GPA, multiple years on the Deans List and member of Psi Chi, and Sigma Alpha Lambda Honor Societies.

Prior-Enlisted serviceman with 4 years active duty, current Army National Guard Officer Candidate training to become a Second Lieutenant.

Multiple high level LOR's, one from a Brigadier General showcasing leadership ability and ability to work well academically in a high-tempo deployed environment, however this LOR was recommending me for Officer training (May or may not be applicable to Law School Admission).

24 year old white male, I live in south-florida, any FL schools worth going to where I might have a decent chance? I looked at the Calc and it was somewhat inconclusive, I thought it would be worth finding out if my softs are worth anything in the Law School Admissions world.

My practice LSAT score is lacking right now, it was the first time I took the test, and I took it cold. I have ordered more preparatory material and will work on raising my practice scores. I am reading Law School Confidential, bought 10 Official LSAT prep tests, and did my first prep test out of the LSAT Super Prep.

Let me know what you all think, I appreciate the time and assistance.

V/R
Rosh.

Take test then come back. Also, enjoy Villanova! Yonce city.

Rahviveh

Gold

Post by Rahviveh » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 pm

Doesnt really matter if its a cold score. My cold score was around there and I ended up hitting 175+. Hit the books and aim for the high 160s - with your strong military soft that should be enough for a T14.

roshambo

New

Post by roshambo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:45 pm

Will do, thank you very much for the reply. Very encouraging.

florida1949

Bronze

Post by florida1949 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:53 pm

ChampagnePapi wrote:Doesnt really matter if its a cold score. My cold score was around there and I ended up hitting 175+. Hit the books and aim for the high 160s - with your strong military soft that should be enough for a T14.
same here

the LSAT can be learned

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sinfiery

Gold

Post by sinfiery » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:40 pm

157 cold here too (176 in October)

get to studying

buy a LG bible (I used powerscore)

also: visit here
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=6

roshambo

New

Post by roshambo » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:31 pm

Very encouraged by all of these posts, I would never have dreamed being able to go to law school, let alone a t14. I did most of my school isolated so my GPA meant nothing to me, with work I am confident I can meet the expectations listed for consideration at a t14, thank you all very much for the words of encouragement.

V/R
Rosh.

zomginternets

Silver

Post by zomginternets » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:12 am

My LSAT instructor told me that typical cold LSAT scores he sees are around 135-145. So getting a 157 is a very good score, IMO. And logic games are the easiest of the 3 to master. Good luck!

roshambo

New

Post by roshambo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:03 am

Really? That is just outstanding, I figured the games were the hardest. Harvard here I come, eh ? 8)

jrsbaseball5

Bronze

Post by jrsbaseball5 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:34 am

roshambo wrote:Really? That is just outstanding, I figured the games were the hardest. Harvard here I come, eh ? 8)
Games are the hardest for a lot of people (myself included), but they are the easiest of the 3 to master and consistently get -0 or -1 on. The others, though learnable, are the ones that are more you either get it or you don't.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”