166/3.93 w/UG and G in four years Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
AggieF&F

New

166/3.93 w/UG and G in four years

Post by AggieF&F » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:33 pm

I've looked at all the websites and see that these numbers generally result in a Waitlist or rejection for RD, and Acceptance/Waitlist with ED at UVa. UVa, has always been my "dream school," but it terrifies me to apply ED and lose any leverage I may have. I think the most compelling part of my application is I completed both my undergrad and grad degree in four years, which I think is a fairly strong soft. I'm not sure, however, whether or not it is compelling enough to look past the low LSAT score against other RD applicants.

I hope that's not too convoluted, and I appreciate any sort of insight.

bernaldiaz

Gold

Re: 166/3.93 w/UG and G in four years

Post by bernaldiaz » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:37 pm

AggieF&F wrote:I've looked at all the websites and see that these numbers generally result in a Waitlist or rejection for RD, and Acceptance/Waitlist with ED at UVa. UVa, has always been my "dream school," but it terrifies me to apply ED and lose any leverage I may have. I think the most compelling part of my application is I completed both my undergrad and grad degree in four years, which I think is a fairly strong soft. I'm not sure, however, whether or not it is compelling enough to look past the low LSAT score against other RD applicants.

I hope that's not too convoluted, and I appreciate any sort of insight.
If you ED UVA you will almost certainly get it. The wisdom of that compared to a retake is questionable, but if you really want UVA, you should be good.

AggieF&F

New

Post by AggieF&F » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:23 pm

With those numbers, does anyone think the scholarship potential varies any between ED and RD?

jym_dawg

Bronze

Post by jym_dawg » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:34 pm

Scholarship potential always varies between ED and RD, but with your numbers LSN suggests you'd be unlikely to get a scholarship either way.

Jaqen

Silver

Post by Jaqen » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 am

I know it sucks to hear it, but retaking is probably your best option imo. If you score just a few points higher, you could be looking at a RD acceptance at UVA with $$.

How long did you study for the LSAT and what was your PT average?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”