Predict the rest of my cycle Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

Platinum

Re: Predict the rest of my cycle

Post by 2014 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Chickensoup wrote:
2014 wrote:If you want someone to tell you that you are going to get into Penn which you seem to be pandering for then here, you will get into Penn.

No chance, WL at best and you won't get off of it. They will mow through their list of splitters before they go for someone who is a straight up hindrance to both medians
straight up hindrance to both medians

Code: Select all

[/size]

Oh my god. I've never been more offended in my life. How ever will I be able to cope knowing that I am nothing but a STRAIGHT UP HINDRANCE TO BOTH MEDIANS?
I'm glad you've picked up on shitpoasting in your illustrious one month here. If we can teach you anything it is how to be an e-dick and how to realize you won't get into Penn.

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Chickensoup

Bronze

Post by Chickensoup » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:36 pm

slack_academic wrote:Enjoy Cornell.
Is that supposed to be an insult? I plan on enjoying it very much.

Diamond

Post by 06102016 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:32 pm

Chickensoup wrote:
A bridge.

Jump off one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Kurst

Bronze

Post by Kurst » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:32 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
A bridge.

Jump off one.
Since Cornell students have a history of jumping off bridges, Chickensoup will not have that option.
On August 23, 2012, the Cornell Chronicle wrote: Cornell has begun installing steel-mesh net systems on seven gorge bridges as part of its comprehensive approach to suicide prevention.

The net systems should be installed by Jan. 1, 2013, said John Keefe, project manager. "It's going well. We're right on schedule," Keefe said.

The net systems are one part of Cornell's comprehensive approach to mental health promotion and suicide prevention, said Tim Marchell, director of mental health initiatives at Cornell's Gannett Health Services.

"Restricting access to means of suicide is a standard component of suicide prevention," he said. Bridge barriers, including net systems, have significantly reduced or eliminated jumping deaths where they have been used, he added.

shibby

Bronze

Post by shibby » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:37 pm

everyone says 'applications are way down' this cycle. i believe it, but does anyone have any empirical proof?

WhiskeynCoke

Bronze

Post by WhiskeynCoke » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:08 pm

I clearly don't come across too poorly. I got in at Gtown and Cornell. You TLSers are a very finicky bunch. I'd almost venture to guess that how well one is received on TLS is negatively correlated with how well one does financially.
Weren't you the guy bragging about how you didn't even study for the LSAT because your so "naturally smart" and refuse to "try hard" and have two lawyer parents with "impressive rolodexes?" LOL at settling for the 169 and guaranteeing you get denied at NYU and PENN, which seem to be desirable schools to you. Especially since had you "tried" you probably could've raised your score a few points to where you get $$ at NYU/Penn. For someone who is supposedly so "naturally good" at the LSAT you seem to have very poor reasoning skills.

Let us know how the whole "not trying" thing is working out for you in a few months.

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:23 pm

Chickensoup wrote:169, 3.7

Cornell - In

Gtown - In

NYU* - Deny

Penn - Deny

Duke - Deny

Fordham - Who cares

*NYU is early decision

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Scotchandsoda

New

Post by Scotchandsoda » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:25 pm

WhiskeynCoke wrote:
I clearly don't come across too poorly. I got in at Gtown and Cornell. You TLSers are a very finicky bunch. I'd almost venture to guess that how well one is received on TLS is negatively correlated with how well one does financially.
Weren't you the guy bragging about how you didn't even study for the LSAT because your so "naturally smart" and refuse to "try hard" and have two lawyer parents with "impressive rolodexes?" LOL at settling for the 169 and guaranteeing you get denied at NYU and PENN, which seem to be desirable schools to you. Especially since had you "tried" you probably could've raised your score a few points to where you get $$ at NYU/Penn. For someone who is supposedly so "naturally good" at the LSAT you seem to have very poor reasoning skills.

Let us know how the whole "not trying" thing is working out for you in a few months.
Whiskeyncoke. You've got one awesome username.

Dude, great username.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:58 pm

shibby wrote:everyone says 'applications are way down' this cycle. i believe it, but does anyone have any empirical proof?
It's way too early for that. We do know apps were way down in each of the last two cycles, and the number of LSAT takers has declined on a year-over-year basis for each of the last 8 administrations.

http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/data/ ... ummary.asp

shibby

Bronze

Post by shibby » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:17 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
shibby wrote:everyone says 'applications are way down' this cycle. i believe it, but does anyone have any empirical proof?
It's way too early for that. We do know apps were way down in each of the last two cycles, and the number of LSAT takers has declined on a year-over-year basis for each of the last 8 administrations.

http://www.lsac.org/lsacresources/data/ ... ummary.asp
helpful. gracias.

yankihote

New

Post by yankihote » Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:16 am

Tiago,

What do you personally think is the reason for the drop in administered LSATs? I've heard the talk about the economy, the saturation of the legal market etc. but people seem to talk about it like this time it's here to stay. If you look at the data, though, there has been significant fluctuation over the last 20 years.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TrialLawyer16

Bronze

Post by TrialLawyer16 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:58 am

^When shit hit the fan in around 08-09 and recent college graduates couldn't find jobs, they started taking the LSAT and applying to law school. Since things are getting better and college grads have a better grip on what to expect post-undergrad and can plan appropriately, the number of LSATs taken and law school applications are declining back towards to pre-recession numbers. The fact that it's now common knowledge that the economy has had an adverse effect on legal hiring has helped the decline as well, but in my opinion that's a distant second to my first reason given.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:18 am

yankihote wrote:Tiago,

What do you personally think is the reason for the drop in administered LSATs? I've heard the talk about the economy, the saturation of the legal market etc. but people seem to talk about it like this time it's here to stay. If you look at the data, though, there has been significant fluctuation over the last 20 years.
As the poster above me said, people often flock to law school when the economy weakens. The unique thing about this situation is that the economy hasn't exactly taken off since the recession but law school apps have fallen precipitously. The drop of the last two years is far beyond what one might expect given normal fluctuations with the economy. I think the primary reason is that information about how stupid law school is for most people is much more readily available. Increased transparency, scamblogs, New York Times Articles, TLS, etc. all have an impact, and weren't there for most of our predecessors, even as recently as just a few years ago. If the economy ever does really get going again I can't wait to see how far apps drop.

helix23

Gold

Post by helix23 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:55 pm

yankihote wrote:Tiago,

What do you personally think is the reason for the drop in administered LSATs?
the internet.

yankihote

New

Post by yankihote » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:35 pm

So essentially the idea is that when the economy weakens, law school is the safe bet in people's mind because they think it's a path to ensured riches, but now with the advent of much more accessible information they realize that for most it's just a sure way to get into loads of debt?

Or is it that deep down most see law school as "selling your soul" and are only willing to do it when they see no other option?

Either way that's pretty bleak.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:01 pm

I don't think people saw law school as a path to ensured riches. It was just a place to hide out for three years when you couldn't find a real job. The increased information and skyrocketing cost of law school has even those people thinking twice.

Feeny

New

Post by Feeny » Sat Oct 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Now I have one more reason to not attend Cornell next year.

Funkycrime

Bronze

Post by Funkycrime » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:00 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
A bridge.

Jump off one.
This.

TheThriller

Gold

Post by TheThriller » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Funkycrime wrote:
InGoodFaith wrote:
Chickensoup wrote:
A bridge.

Jump off one.
This.
Can't, the Cornell one has a suicide net.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Platinum

Post by 2014 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Have you been declined from Penn yet? (as is inevitable even with the hemorrhaged applications)

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”