Does Your LSAT Fit Your School? Check out this tool. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
brogers3

New

Does Your LSAT Fit Your School? Check out this tool.

Post by brogers3 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:10 pm

Use this Google Doc tool to see if your LSAT fits with the class of your selected law school. This graphic overlays the measurement error of a given LSAT score with the approximate distribution of LSAT scores for the 2012 admits at each school. Just input your LSAT score (or expected LSAT score) and select the school your interested in applying to.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... OZVE#gid=0

I thought to do this when I noticed my LSAT PT scores were all over the map (which made me think that the measurement error of the test was relatively high, and confirmed by LSAT reported error) but the schools tend to have relatively narrow LSAT acceptance scores. That's like saying we've got a scale that's precise within plus or minus 3lbs of the measurement, but we're mostly only accepting people whose measurement is between 154lbs and 158 lbs. The precision of the cut is not warranted by the precision of the measurement. Off of soapbox now;)

Still waiting for my first LSAT results from October.

rad lulz

Platinum

Re: Does Your LSAT Fit Your School? Check out this tool.

Post by rad lulz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:04 pm

Lawschoolnumbers.com

brogers3

New

Re: Does Your LSAT Fit Your School? Check out this tool.

Post by brogers3 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:29 pm

Lawschoolnumbers.com doesn't use any data to understand measurement error, which can be an important issue if a student has taken PTs but not the actual test for example.

Return to “What are my chances?”