3.25/172/Extras Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
knicksfan4life

New

3.25/172/Extras

Post by knicksfan4life » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:15 pm

I do not care for location or money. I only care to get into the best law school I possibly could get into. I have experience interning/working at an Embassy under an Ambassador (writing my recommendation) and a law firm under the managing partner (also writing a recommendation) during my time at undergrad. I also was a communications director of a national non-profit organization. I also worked during school as a free-lancing web developer which has paid for my education (why I wasn't able to focus on only school).

What do you think? I went to a school that is within the top 75 of the US News 2013 edition of Best Colleges/National Universities. Went there primarily because it made the most financial sense as I was paying for college myself as an 18 year old. Could have went somewhere better but I had to make a good financial decision. I am a first generation college student here in America. ;) My GPA is going to hurt eh?

What do you think? I am thinking about joining the Peace Corps before going to law school so I may start applying in two years instead. But with what I have now under my belt, what do you think?

TheThriller

Gold

Re: 3.25/172/Extras

Post by TheThriller » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:22 pm

Do you have work experience outside of college? If so NU. May also want to try UVA or Penn

RickyDnwhyc

Bronze

Post by RickyDnwhyc » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:25 pm

You have a decent shot at Northwestern or ED UVA.

Honestly if I had that LSAT and was willing to pay sticker I'd probably apply to everything below HYS/Columbia (but above G-town)

twenty

Gold

Post by twenty » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:43 pm

knicksfan4life wrote:I do not care for location or money.
My tutor, Mr. Paddington, was an austere and vindictive chap. Many times I stayed my hands from becoming tools of perdition as the violence prevailed once more upon my exposed posterior; "Henceforth, lad, there shall be naught but diligence and honest labor from you!" I found the shimmering daylight piercing my heart's darkened knoll as a greater sympathy than my thoughts of unseemly revenge. Nevertheless, I could not help but hate him -- for I was only a child, and though alone in this world, had my very being centered on my own fleeting innocence. As I listened to the tick of the grand clock in the hall, so too, did my dreams and aspirations tick away with it, second by second.

ndirish2010

Gold

Post by ndirish2010 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:45 pm

ED UVA.

Cobretti

Gold

Post by Cobretti » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:47 pm

twentypercentmore wrote:
knicksfan4life wrote:I do not care for location or money.
My tutor, Mr. Paddington, was an austere and vindictive chap. Many times I stayed my hands from becoming tools of perdition as the violence prevailed once more upon my exposed posterior; "Henceforth, lad, there shall be naught but diligence and honest labor from you!" I found the shimmering daylight piercing my heart's darkened knoll as a greater sympathy than my thoughts of unseemly revenge. Nevertheless, I could not help but hate him -- for I was only a child, and though alone in this world, had my very being centered on my own fleeting innocence. As I listened to the tick of the grand clock in the hall, so too, did my dreams and aspirations tick away with it, second by second.
wat?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”